Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't stop knitting my scarf, I set it down to do something like make dinner or fold some clothes and then I have to go back and pick it up and start knitting some more. I have a stack of books that I am longing to read, but now I am hooked on knitting and when I have a spare moment I feel the urge to knit some more :knit:. Has this happend to anyone else when they first started to knit? It's like a good book (very hard to put down) and it's competing with my usual time spent reading (books are also very hard for me to put down).

·
Registered
300 Posts
ME!!!! I want to knit nonstop...I even take it in the car with me...as a passenger of course :)

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I had better not learn to :knit: I'm addicted as it to my other hobbies such as quilting and if I learned to :knit: I wouldn't get any housework done at all. Trying to :jug: to many things.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I am an avid reader. I find it EXTREMELY hard to choose between knitting & reading. I've started looking for books on CD that I can upload to my iPod an listen to while I knit. The best of both worlds :toothy:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yes!!

I am a new knitter and find myself wanting to do it constantly. I used to read 2 to3 books a month and now I can barely get thru one!!! It's the only craft I have ever been able to do well.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am so glad that I am not alone! I made myself put the knitting down at about midnight so I could read a few chapters in Financial Peace, by Dave Ramsey. I ended up reading about half the book before going to bed, it's a very enlightening book.

I like your idea Heather, I need to get some books I can listen to while I :knit:. Then I can enjoy both my hobbies at the same time :).

·
Registered
3 Posts
habits

Omg i have to many habits i cant pick which to do never happy with one project but when i get one done its heaven lol ...as my kids say a shocking event lol..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts