Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, dd is loving reading. I can't tell you how good that makes me feel. Both dh and I love reading and so does ds#1 and its taken forever for her to learn to read.

I bought her an Advertures in Odyessy the other day and she read it in 3 days. I knew she would like it because she loves listening to the audio tapes and has listened over and over again. I never in a 100 years thought she'd read it in 3 days though.

She is now reading another book and is 1/2 way through. And it isn't even an Odyessy book. She's wanting me to buy her more.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
GOOD FOR HER!!!!!!!!!!! i have one who has trouble reading because she is dislexic, but my oldest daughter loves to read, i remember her really getting into it in the 4th grade and i couldn't have been happier. YES i know exactly how you feel. :angel:

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Thats so wonderful, CJ.... get her more!!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That's Great CJ, there are so many adventures inside books...
Even when the snow is six feet deep she can go anywhere she wants....... That's ia awesome to have read it in 3 days......
Tell her we are very proud of her !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Heaven have you ever tried those colored pieces of plastic sheeting that goes over pages for dyslexic children to help them read???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts