Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a call from a young woman who was crying. before could even get hello out she was speaking. She was crying hard and speaking so fast I couldn't get a word in to tell her she had the wrong number before she got this out.

"She said "Aunt Jen, mom is sleeping with my husband. I found out she is pregnant. OMG what am I going to do~ he has both myself and mom pregnant and they told cuz he is leaving and moving in with her! OMG I am due in 8 weeks!"

I felt so bad! Then to have to tell her that I'm so sorry for what is happening. This was Michelle and she had the wrong number. Poor girl! I made me feel like crying!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Poor thing- at least you were kind enough to say something instead of just hanging up- I hate it when people do that, it's so rude. And WHAT is wrong with this girls' Mom, sleeping with her man, while she's pregnant, none the less? Talk about needing therapy....

Reactions: thesightofoneself

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Oh, my gosh...that is horrible! I would probably call her back and ask if she wanted to meet and talk about it....after I made sure it wasn't a prank (but who makes prank calls anymore?!?!?! ) that is just soooo sad.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Poor thing- at least you were kind enough to say something instead of just hanging up- I hate it when people do that, it's so rude. And WHAT is wrong with this girls' Mom, sleeping with her man, while she's pregnant, none the less? Talk about needing therapy....
I was shocked a mom would do that!!!!! Poor girl! I hope she got the Aunt Jen she meant to get and gets some good support.

·
Registered
61 Posts
OMG...it is like a Jerry Springer show!! I hope it is a prank for her sake.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Oh wow. Poor kid. I dunno, I hope it's a prank, but it's kinda early in the day for prank calls.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Wow what kind of mother does that to her child??? The poor thing .. if it was a prank you would think she would have blocked her name and number .... too bad :(

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
You're way nicer than me.

I'd have given her the number for the Jerry Springer show...

·
19,119 Posts
There are a lot of strange things going on in this world.
.................Choose wisely.
Poor woman - hope she can break the soap opera drama.
Mahalo for being so kind.

·
Registered
719 Posts
LOL is that even still on?
Unfortunately, yes....as I found out when my sister came to visit last month. I can't sit through it...I'm always too embarrassed FOR them, I can't believe people actually willingly air their dirty laundry on TV.

But, this would be perfect Jerry material.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
LOL is that even still on?
Yes. The people in the office I am leaving (FRIDAY LAST DAY, WOOO) watch it EVERY DAY at lunch.

SO glad I'm not outside the lunch room anymore.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Unfortunately, yes....as I found out when my sister came to visit last month. I can't sit through it...I'm always too embarrassed FOR them, I can't believe people actually willingly air their dirty laundry on TV.

But, this would be perfect Jerry material.
I remember an episode years ago that was about your dad or brother sleeping with your husband. I remember thinking they had to be paid actors because who would go on tv with that??????????? OMG

·
Registered
870 Posts
That's horrible! Poor thing...I hope she got the right number the second time around!

·
Registered
7,857 Posts
Not exactly PAID actors. . . real people, but not true stories. They pay their travel to Chicago, pay their hotel and meals. My niece was on there, several years ago. So embarrassed my MIL, that she disowned her.

·
Registered
933 Posts
What a mess. I sincerely hope it was just a prank and not real. I would prefer the "is your refrigerator running" prank call.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Jerry Springer isn't real any more than the WWF is. Everything is scripted, but the damage is real.

My boss divorced his wife because she was hooking up with his father. Another ex-coworker's wife left him for his sister, that was interesting.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.