Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been sitting here thinking we should come up with a name for our daily Homesteading News that will be fun and yet let everyone know that the news is about homesteading and we do it daily.

So, lets think of some names. I'll put the names in a hat and have one of the kids draw the name. The winning name will win a prize (something to do with homesteading).

So good luck!!! I'll draw the name on Sunday, June 1st.

·
27,948 Posts
Homestead Happenings

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
ohhh I like Homestead Happenings.

**edited to add my names** Not to be in drawing though..just to help brainstorm.

Homestead Herald
Homestead Times
Down Home Daily
Homestead Living

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Oh, this is fun! :)

How about;

*Homestead Reflexions*

or

*Sharing Homesteaders*

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I can't think of any, i like the ideas everyone has come up with though!

***Edited to add an idea***
Down Home Gazzette

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
MJsLady said:
Around the Hearth
And Sara you have every right to be in the drawing!
:p

That would be like Bob Barker playing Plinko to get into the Showcase Showdown. :D

Bob probably waits until it's all quiet in his house at night....grabs his neutured dog and his spayed cat and does a jig and practices his putting.

Oh wait, I'M THE ONE that waits 'til the village is quiet and gets goofy. muwhaha I slay myself.

Ok, need a coffee. :D

Seriously though...the names I chose I didn't post because I think they are awesome...lol I only posted to get some ideas flowing and I was obviously feeling spunky enough to actually post. I've been in a rut lately.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I think Sara's ideas should be included too! :)

Homestead Daily Living

Homestead Living Daily

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Homesteading from the Heart
Home & Hearth Happenings
The Homestead Buzz

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Maybe Im alone here, but I liked Down On The Homestead.

That will be my vote...if it aint broke...dont fix it!!!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Homestead Buzz...hehe

::pictures all of us around the ole distillery::

There I am staggering with wheat in my teeth and singing Oh my darlin' Clementine and square dancing alone.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I lived in a town called Conesus. (Indian name for "Berry Place") Current Population 2K. Home of the turtle rock. ;) (turtle rock festival every july 26th) Not to mention turkey shoots, the county fair demolition derby, and free concerts in the park which incidentally were held right next to the police station that wasn't actually a station, but just a little trailer sitting in a parking lot. LOL
There wasn't much to do there, but create urban legends, search for nightcrawlers, hunt crayfish, dive for mussels, and fish. (although I now wish I was there to get some rocks for my current rock relocation mission...there were some awesome rocks in the little creek) It was big enough to have a general store. The mail lady once dated my father.

As a pre-teen I often went to a little park called "Longpoint" and rollerskated to organ music on old hardwood floors. lol I was a rebel because my other friends were busy clogging. ;) It burned down and they made it a sitting park with benches. :eek:

I spent every July 4th since I was about 3 chasing a kid named Steve who lived two doors down. I had the maddest crush and every 4th of July I'd have someone ask him if he liked me. His brother used to beat him up and say things like haha your gf Sara is watching.

I got lost somewhere along the way in thinking that I was someone different than I was raised. I live a bit more of an urban trend now, but my roots are country. I'm thankful for lessons learned and just in time.

I now live in a city...Home of the city chosen for Economic Excellence in 1999. ROFL. Population 45K

And I honestly do know how to square dance. ;)

Now wasn't that more than you cared to know. LMAO
I need sleep. LOL

**edited to add** I was supposed to marry Tim..who owned the local restaurant. Ooops.
I left Conesus and went back 6 yrs later. It was like a timewarp. Everyone hadn't changed a bit other than who they were married to. LMAO. I'd still be there if Gabe hadn't been offered the job here in MI.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Ah yes the small town! Love them!
We went every summer to a place called Gotebo Ok. Had a farm in Clubb MO.
Most of my relatives never made it out of the Flat River, St Genevive area!
Carlsbad, where i really live here is small, the school system my kids attend boasts about 700 students.
San Angelo has reach outitis. They think we are part of them but only the PO agrees!
You seem to have adjusted well to city living! Me, well I still can't get along with shoes.
I too need sleep, ttyt!

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
mrscornbread said:
Maybe Im alone here, but I liked Down On The Homestead.

That will be my vote...if it aint broke...dont fix it!!!

I feel the same way! I have been trying to think of new ones, but Down on the Homestead keeps popping in my head and I think "Oh wait, that's what it already is!"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts