Frugal Village Forums banner

How do you spend the day after Thanksgiving?

• Shopping! I hit the sales today.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Decorating! I deck my halls today.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Resting! I need today to recover.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Back to the normal routine for me today.

Votes: 5 38.5%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of my favorite days of the year-- the day we put all the Christmas stuff up! I'll be dragging trees out of the shed and boxes and boxes and boxes out of the attic within the hour. Yay!!:reindeer:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Regular routine for me. :(

Online now with my coffee, then into the shower and go for my radiation treatment.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I'll spend the day working at my cleaning job,, babysitting my dgs afterwards and shopping this afternoon. I still have a few things to buy for my youngest ds b'day celebration on Sunday. He'll be 16. Right now, I'm taking a small break from online shopping. You couldn't pay me to face the "Black Friday" crowds at the stores,this morning.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
I was planning on going shopping with dd today, but it's dark and damp and raining outside, and I just don't want to venture out. Dh is working today, but he always gets to leave early the day after Thanksgiving, so we are meeting at my parents at 3:30 and having Thanksgiving with them today.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dixie said:
You couldn't pay me to face the "Black Friday" crowds at the stores,this morning.
I'm with ya! I hate to shop in a crowd, and my past experience with these crazy sale crowds tends to somewhat kill my Christmas spirit.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i got up and went to kbtoys this morning. went to toys r us but took one look at the line to checkout and said forget it. went next door to target instead. i only went after a few things that i knew wouldn't be any cheaper later this season. i was not out to do all of my christmas shopping like most of the people out there. i left the house a little after 5:30 and was back home at 8. i only got up that earlier because dh's alarm went off that early.
i stopped at big lots on the way home.

other than that it's the normal routine for me as i have to work tonight 3-11pm.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I hate Black Friday crowds too !!!!!
I am finishing my decorating and wrapping and maybe a movie later...... ("Brother Bear" with the kids )

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Shopping and wrapping all the stuff I bought. That is what was I have done all afternoon.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
I didn't vote because I couldn't find a selection that fit. I spent today vistiting with my family (I a spent Turkey day with dh's fam) I refuse to shop today.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
I had to work today so it was back to my normal routine. I have not gone shopping the day after Thanksgiving in long time and I don't miss it one bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts