Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting here at the computer, nice cozy fire going and hear a rather loud crack. Next to the fireplace is an old crock we keep kindling in, at the moment it has only a few pieces of wood in it. The crock just cracked to the point where I can't use it anymore, huge crack, almost in half. It's not hot, I haven't touched it today, just bam. :screwy:

Gives me pause for thought...does this "mean" anything? Darn, I really liked that crock, it was here when we first bought the house.
Crock cracks, crock cracks, crock cracks :loop: redrum

You have anything bizarre happen to you lately?

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
that is wierd. nothin bizarre here yet, but the day is young, lol

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I was just thinking that even if the crock isn't hot that the fire was hot enough to crack it. Sorry you lost your crock. Maybe you could salvage it, glue it back together just to keep putting fire wood in it. After you glue it you could wrap it in twine to keep it together, as long as it doesn't sit close enough to catch fire. I have a huge crock I use to make sour kraut in when the mood hits me. They are hard to come by.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Did you type that 3 times really really fast?? :dopey: Nothing strange going on here--and it can just wait until AFTER I get DD's birthday cake made. Thank you very much...... I'm having enough of a challenge with the twins "helping"........

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you type that 3 times really really fast?? :dopey: Nothing strange going on here--and it can just wait until AFTER I get DD's birthday cake made. Thank you very much...... I'm having enough of a challenge with the twins "helping"........
Yep, really fast.
Is today your dd's birthday? It's my 1st borns & she's now 22, her grandmothers & cat's birthday too,lol. :)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Yikes, that is bizarre. Now if you start noticing that as you are typing for a village reply that you are typing....."All work and no play makes Darlene a dull girl" over and over.... my advice is don't listen to the bartender and whatever you do....don't go in the maze. (maniacal laughter begins :laugh: )

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Gives me pause for thought...does this "mean" anything? Darn, I really liked that crock, it was here when we first bought the house.
Okay. DON'T think I flipped my lid or anything... but, keep an eye on your animals. And.. if you have been feeling as if you aren't strong... it is goign to change...

You asked...and there you go :stir:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yep, really fast.
Is today your dd's birthday? It's my 1st borns & she's now 22, her grandmothers & cat's birthday too,lol. :)

Yes, she is 31 today. That's kind of tricky because I'm only 39. :lol3: That's my line and I'm sticking to it.

It's also my SIL's BD and a great nephew. DD said all great people were born today. She has no ego, just full of :bs:

·
Registered
164 Posts
If the crock is made of earthenware or unglazed terracotta probably the dryness of the air made it crack - not necessarily the heat. Clay expands and contracts with moisture levels.

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the crock is made of earthenware or unglazed terracotta probably the dryness of the air made it crack - not necessarily the heat. Clay expands and contracts with moisture levels.
It's glazed earthenware & has been there for 14 years now. Was just so wierd to see/hear it happen. Hairline fracture freakout,lol.

Robin, it was/is a great day for birthdays!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts