Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I have two cats and a shih-tzu and we are moving into a much smaller place in a couple of weeks. I want to find loving homes for all but one of our little pets. My problem is that I don't know which ones to give away. My thirteen year of DD loves her cats, my son the dog, my husband loves them all. Who goes? How can I decide? Please help!

Thanks!
Rhonda :smball:

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
that is such a tough decision. do you absolutely have to get rid of them?? can you give them to any family members. that way you still have "visitation rights!!";)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
that is a hard decision i can't amagine doing it. but if you can't find family to take them then put an ad in the paper, write questions down on paper and when someone calls ask all your questions, then choose the person you think that best fits your pet.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I don't know what to say, other than good luck. :(

·
Registered
215 Posts
:( I am sorry you are faced with such tough decisions.

Could you put the word out that all your pets need a home...and then if a wonderful, new home is found make the decision based on this.

My parents have adopted a number of pets for people in the exact circumstance as you. They always adopt their pets this way, because they know it can be difficult to place older animals.

I know that they once went to adopt one cat, and took the two because they were so attatched to each other.

Perhaps someone may be willing to adopt your two cats together, and this may be important if they are attached to each other. Then, you would keep your dog.

Or is one of your pets really outgoing, and more able to settle in with a new family? Do you think one of your pets would have a more difficult time settling into another new home?

I know it is a hard decision to make, but if you first find a great new home..... then the sad burden of choosing which pet to go is based on something positive.

I hope this made sense. I wish I lived close to you and I could help you, or help you find new loving homes.

I do know that there are people like my parents out there...who will give your pets a wonderful, loving home.

{{{ hugs}}} and Good Luck! yvonne

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
I got my grandpa to take my cats when I moved in with dh, this way I got to spend all the weekends and holidays with them. After 12 years I couldn't bear to let them go anywhere else.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I dont know what I would do without my three kitties. We looked for awhile for a place that took cats. We got discouraged, but we finally found a great place. It was more expensive, but worth it.
Good luck in your venture, I know this has to be painful for you.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I have never given up animals for anything other than their deaths. We lived in a converted single car garage when we first moved into northern Oregon with three cats and a medium sized dog. Yes, it was tight, but I can NOT imagine getting rid of them! You would be surprised how little pets ask for--food, love and to be with you! Keep them and I suspect everyone will be happier.:paw:

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
awwww I've always wanted a shih-tzu! I'm sorry you have to give them up :(

Is there family/friends that could take them?

Thats a tough choice to have to make

·
FV Buddy aka KathiBob
1,651 Posts
I guess I would try to find good homes for the animals, and the last animal that didn't find a home would stay with me. I can't imagine giving up my cats and my furry baby, Xena. That must be so tough on you and your family. Bless you and I hope things work out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts