Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a recorded call from my power company this morning. It said that, due to our good payment history, they are refunding the deposit we had to pay when we started the service - get this - WITH INTEREST! The credit will show on our next bill!

I expected to get the deposit back at some point, but I never expected them to pay me interest. I'm so excited!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow that's great! WOO HOO! :)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
niiiice! i know that i had to pay a $110 (!) deposit when we moved into the house. itd be nice to see that applied to oh... idk, this month's bill LOL.. and with interest, thats like icing on the cake.

happy day! :)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Every utility company we have dealt with has done this, I thought they had to pay you interest on deposits. We should be able to get our deposit from here back in June, I can't wait..was the highest deposit I ever had to pay. $600, here they base your deposit on a average 2 month bill from previous people in the house. I think the previous people here used alot of lights as I have yet to have a bill over $200, even with heat and ac. The landlords we have had also paid us interest on our deposits, it even said something in the lease about the deposit being held in an interest earning account and that if we met conditions to get deposit back when we moved out we would get the interest as well as the deposit.

·
27,948 Posts
Woohoo is right! Good to hear a nice utility company story for a change. ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's cool!! I never heard of a company doing that before.

·
Registered
460 Posts
That is great! We just got our deposit for our gas bill refunded. It was nice to get a bill that was NEGATIVE $30. lol I had forgotten about the deposit so it was a good surprise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts