Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very perplexed. All day I have been receiving phone calls on my cell phone requesting information about the Pumpkin Patch - in California. I've been asking questions of the callers - like how did you get this number?.....and finally tracked an advertisement for a Pumpkin Patch in San Jose in one of their newspapers.

My area code is 808 - so why would anyone use my cell phone number and where did they get it from?

I sent emails to the paper and the business - hope to hear from them tomorrow - 3 hour time difference.

Do you have any idea how this could have happened?
Mahalo!!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
My guess was it was a typo in the paper.

With cell phone numbers people are not seeing area codes as set in stone anymore. My son's best friend in town has a Texas area code for his phone number and we do not live in Texas.

Also with your area code starting with an 80 people might think it was a toll free number

My guess is people saw ad in the paper with the typo printed number and called it not thinking about the area code. I'm thinking innocent mistakes all around.

I am interested to find out what happened.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
My area code is 808 -

Do you have any idea how this could have happened?
Mahalo!!
If not a typo like Imagine said.........what it the area code of San Jose? close? or similar?..........might have turned it around...but can't imagine that many people doing that.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I've been getting weird calls on my cell too. One is an area code of 202. Have no idea where that is at. I let it go into voice mail and it just keeps playing orchestra music. :skept:

Image, that's interesting about the area codes. Seems everyone with a cell phone here, has the right area code for their location.

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the mystery is partially solved, but no one knows how the ad got posted. I'll fill you in tomorrow!!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
San Jose area code is 408. I'm thinking typo maybe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts