Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father was in the war and met my mom while in a hospital in Manila. (she was working there) He brought her back to the states.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Sara, that is so romantic.... :)

And Carolyn, too...:)

My parents were presented to one another, by my dad's mom and my mom's aunt. Both had just had their hearts broken...

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
Karli, what a coincidence! My parents met at a roller skating rink,too. They met in 1952, were married just six weeks later. They were married just 3 weeks shy of 40 years, when my dad died in 1992.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Well, they grew up in the same small town- so I assume they knew each other most of their lives. However- they both talk about meeting when my dad was the hired hand on my mother's parent's farm.

My dad was driving the tractor and my mom was riding a bicyle that grandpa had attached a motor. The motor died and mom didn't have a rope to start it. Dad got off the tractor and used his leather shoe lace to start her motor. How did she repay his kindness? She dated his brother! When they broke up, my dad returned mom's class ring and asked her out. She wanted no part of the Eyer family at that point- but dad convinced her to date him just to make his brother mad. She agreed and they got engaged on their 2nd date.

BTW- my mom is the only girl my dad ever dated, and they will be married 50 years in January.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
My mums children used to play with my dad's step-sister. One day he came home from the Navy and she was there. He said to his Mum 'one day I'm going to marry that woman' and she told him he couldn't as she was already married. (she was infact divorced)

They did marry (of course) against advice to my mum from her mother and HIS!!! :eek: And they spent 38 years together until he died in 2000 leaving all of us heartbroken.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well my parents met in high school.Mom dated dads best friend a bit then him I guess........lol they were married about 20 some yrs when dad left us for his new wife thats 14 yrs his junior:mad: but what eva cause had he not I'd never have met my hubby:D

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
My mom and dad went to the same high school. My dad was a year ahead of my mom. They married out of high school. They got divorced when I was 5 and my mom remarried when I was 10. My step-father and her are still married. My Dad is on marriage number 3.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
During WWll, my dad and uncle met and became friends. Uncle gave dad mom's address. They wrote, met, dated, and were married 49 years and 3 weeks when dad passed away.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
My mom's brothers introduced mom to my dad. They loved roller skating too...lol! I don't know exactly when they met or where I just know who.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
My aunt was actually dating my dad and my mom was dating her (now) husband! I guess they just switched places!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
My parents met at a dance :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
My parents were both married before. They met while both working at Campbell Soup Co. in Camden, NJ. They married when mom was 27 and dad was 40. They've been married almost 39 years.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
My parents met while in the Army. They were both stationed at an underground facility and the first time my mom saw my dad he was underneath a truck fighting with another soldier. Her friend told her his name and said she should go out with him. My mom replied ,"I wouldn't go out with him if he was the last man on earth." They were married 31 years when he died.
Jeanna

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Sad to say, I don't know how my parents met. The've been divorced for almost 20 yrs. However, I can tell you how my Grandparents met...hehehehe

My Gran and Great Aunt were twins (as I and my sis are) and they went out on a blind date. Half way thru the date they decide to switch boys....the boys didn't know until it was too late and each girl married the boy they swapped for! LOLOLOL

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Well, my Mom was in graduate school at Trenton State University and my Dad was in Princeton Seminary. My Mom was dating my Dad's roommate. The roommate went out of town on a tennis tournament, and it was the week that Martin Luther King, Jr. was shot. There were riots right outside my Mom's apartment building, so she and her roommate called my Dad and asked if he could come pick them up because they were scared. They stayed in my Dad's apartment and my Dad stayed with friends across the hall. My Mom and Dad realized that they enjoyed each others company after talking for a long time that night and the next day and he asked her out. By the time the roommate came back two weeks later, they were in love. Charlie, the roommate, was the best man at their wedding.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Wow, y'all have some romantic stories, I love them, they make my heart feel good :) .

My parents knew each other from elementary school and on, they did not like each other then, my Mother says my Father was a "mean little monster" but I guess she had a change of heart by the time Junior high hit because they became sweethearts and married during high school. They have been divorced for many years and had both had other marriages afterwards but now both are again single and they are the best of buddies now. (It is actually kind of like being in the twilight zone, they disliked each other for years after their divorce and now they are friends :note: twilight zone theme playing in the background).

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
My parents met in college. Mom was dating one of Dad's friends and when they first met, they did not like each other at all. Mom thought Dad was a playboy (he did take a Playboy Bunny out once) and he thought she was stuck up. Somehow they got over their initial dislike for each other.;) They have now been married for 40 years and counting!:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts