Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
do you already have a blog site picked out? FV has one and there are more available too.

Start your blog thinking of what you hope to accomplish with your blog. Is it a journal of sorts, a place to put your favorite poetry, a recipe testing journal...what? Go on to explain what you enjoy what you'd like to do.

Just jump in and enjoy it. It's intended to be enjoyable. You could feesably do two if you wanted. One lighthearted, one deeper. There really arent any rules.

Some starters are available online also. It's sort of like one of those "getting to kno wyou email chain letters". One suggestion, look through fv and read some villagers blogs, there are so many different ways to approach. If you get going on a log and you decide to take it in another direction, that's your perogative (sp?).

google "first blog entry ideas" and you'll find all sorts of ideas and tips.

My first entry was based on who I am, what I enjoy, where I hope to be on x years, where we live (general, never ever ever specific)( because being inthe Rocky mountain region is imortant to know if one follows my blog and wants to garden the way I do...it may or may not work in other areas), my interests, and so on. I took one topic per paragraph, but no one needs to do it that way. Let your personality show through, be yourself and enjoy it.

·
27,948 Posts
I think you need a minumum of 20 posts to be able to start a blog here. The magic number 20 was picked to help cut down on :spam:.
Happy posting & blogging!

·
Registered
16 Posts
do you already have a blog site picked out? FV has one and there are more available too.

Start your blog thinking of what you hope to accomplish with your blog. Is it a journal of sorts, a place to put your favorite poetry, a recipe testing journal...what? Go on to explain what you enjoy what you'd like to do.

Just jump in and enjoy it. It's intended to be enjoyable. You could feesably do two if you wanted. One lighthearted, one deeper. There really arent any rules.

Some starters are available online also. It's sort of like one of those "getting to kno wyou email chain letters". One suggestion, look through fv and read some villagers blogs, there are so many different ways to approach. If you get going on a log and you decide to take it in another direction, that's your perogative (sp?).

google "first blog entry ideas" and you'll find all sorts of ideas and tips.

My first entry was based on who I am, what I enjoy, where I hope to be on x years, where we live (general, never ever ever specific)( because being inthe Rocky mountain region is imortant to know if one follows my blog and wants to garden the way I do...it may or may not work in other areas), my interests, and so on. I took one topic per paragraph, but no one needs to do it that way. Let your personality show through, be yourself and enjoy it.
Missy, thanks for information:wave:
I was also thinking of starting a blog)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
If you blog here, if you set your blog so it's not private, the title is shown on the main page. I try to drive traffic to Frugal Village bloggers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.

I had to make 20 posts before I could blog here :)

I have done that now and have started blogging here.

Have thought a lot about what is going to go in there and it will be my frugal journey.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.