Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have four plastic Rubbermaid Lunch Containers that once contained Spaghetti for about a week. I have been scrubbing and scrubbing at them for about three days but they will not come clean. I have soaked them in dawn for two days and still no give.

How do I get them clean?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Although I have never tried it, putting lemon juice in the container and setting it in the sum is suppose to work. I usually just use bleach water and then rinse them with soda water.Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Putting it out in the sun should work. I have done this on warm sunny days and had great results. I have never heard of the lemon juice though. It might make it work better, I don't know.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Also when using plastic containers like that if you spray them with cooking spray before putting pasta sauce in them the spray keeps them from staining

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I set mine in the sun. The sun bleaches the tomato stains right out. Works for clothes and high chair trays too ;)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I never knew how to get those stains out either, lol thanks ladies for your advice :)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I did not know the trick about setting them in the sun, thanks for the hint ladies. I usually just let mine soak in a solution of bleach and water for a bit and it usually removes the stains. :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Thank you for all these great tips, I didn't know about the bleach water or leaving them in the sun to get rid of stains. I'll have to try these :).

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Thats cool, I didnt know that would work!

I was gonna suggest you buy a few more containers to replace the stained ones and deem the stained ones for tomato based soups/sauces :lol: you wont mix the containers up again!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you everyone!! They are clean! Lemon Juice did the trick. w00t!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts