Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not bored really gosh 3 kids keep me busy as do my house hubby ect ...but i always feel like i'm doing for somebody else..lately i feel like a damn maid. Do any of you ever feel like this? I am seriously thinking of trying for 4th baby this summer but i was thinking of maybe a correspondence degree or something like it. It would be really hard right now to attend courses due to transportation and childcare issues but i was thinking something like this may motivate me and keep me busy doing something for ME!!! Does that sound selfish? I was thinking of something like paralegal or something related to business. Maybe something that could lead to a job at home..Man i dont know maybe im just rambling..Have any of you done this? I remember years ago i tried the legal transciptions but got kinda bored with it after a while.. any input would be great and i ty in advance..

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i didnt mean to sound like its either a course or a baby...lol..im thinking both..lol Im thinking a 2yr program would be perfect..i could hopefully get most done before baby came (hopefully it wouldnt take too long to GET pregnant) and then have a dgree while the baby was still young...still rambling I will shut up now...

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
Don't ever shut up!!!

I understand how you feel, I felt much the same when the kids were younger. Now I still stay at home but its only 1 and theres a lot of times I still feel as frustrated as when they were all small and home....
I think it would be a great idea if you could do something for yourself...even if it never leads to a job...just do it for your own pleasure and sanity..if it works into a job...great...if not...then it shouldn't matter...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Karla ...I needed that little vote of confidence...

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I have heard of lots of online programs. Do not confuse these with get rich quick schemes, or take them as anything other than what they are; legitimate college degrees. Now with such advances in technology, these kinds af studying techniques and degrees are valuable and worthwhile. In California, there is an accelerated online program called ther University of Phoenix that caters to adults with real lives that take up the majority of their time. There is one thing to consider however, that I have learned about online coursework is that you MUST be self motivating and NEVER procrastinate. The work tends to pile up easily and it is very easy to put something off with real intentions of getting back to it. I love those kinds of classes. In fact the community college that I just transferred from has their summer class schedule in ALL online courses to keep the budget down, imagine not having to provide even lighting or maintenance on buildings and furnishings. Look into this I reccommed this for women with families. God knows I am spending too much time away from my family in pursuit of a teaching credential, I just hope they all understand how important it is. Good Luck, I am so behind you!

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
You need to do what you feel is right for you.
But I'll start now and send you some baby dust ;)

:wand::wand::wand:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts