Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my DH was 11 he litterally watched his father die. Horible enough on its own, it was even worse....his dad died on Father's Day. Now we have been together 9 years and have 3 beutiful children. Still father's day is very hard on DH. How in the world do I make it easier for him? Should we just stop celebrating?

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm so sorry that your poor husband has this awful memory of Father's Day. I pray that God will heal the hurt that he is still in. Try to focus on doing special things for him or just spending the day together as a family. Let him know how much you and the kids love him and how blessed you are to have him in your life.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it is even harder because I still have my father and we all live in the same town, so we tend to have a cookout on fathers day with my father. Maybe if I explain the situation to my father and stop putting DH in that environment that might help??

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Are your father and your DH close? If so, I'd talk to your father,explaining the pain that your DH is in. Maybe your father can take him aside and let him know that he realizes how hard it must be for your husband, but wants him to know that he (your Dad) considers him a son also. It may help your husband to realize that their is another man in his life that loves him as a son also.:hugz:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello Chrissy

I think that Debbie's advice is well worth a try. I feel that there will be no easy answers though, but time does heal.:hugz:

It's awfull when these so called HAPPY DAYS turn out to be so hurtfull for some.

Sending you and your hubbie :heartsm:

hayleyjane

1 - 5 of 5 Posts