Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have inherited a box of girls clothes. Now we've sorted etc...there is a group of clothing that is not fit for goodwill or anything...I hate to throw them out.

Any ideas on how to re-use these items? They are not rag type material so rags are not an option.

Should I just suck it up and take it to the dumpster?

Help....

·
Registered
663 Posts
Is the material something that can be used to make a quilt? Another option (my mom is the only one that I know that does this) make a woven floor rug. She can / does make them from ALL material but the initial woven should be denim.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Are any of them big enough to make something else out of them? Do you sew? (IE: t-shirt into shopping bag, pants or t-shirt into clothespin bag, how about some 'quicky' dog blankets for the pound? tear some of them in strips for ties in the garden)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Maybe you know someone that can use it for play clothes.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Yeah, the sew thing came to mind. I know there is a way to donate stuff to 3rd world countries here, but not sure of the source at the moment.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Is the material something that can be used to make a quilt? Another option (my mom is the only one that I know that does this) make a woven floor rug. She can / does make them from ALL material but the initial woven should be denim.
We must be on the same wavelength because I was thinking the exact same thing. First thing I thought of was cutting into strips for a rug, then that brought on the idea of the quilt!

Anyway, another option is to save all the "findings" such as buttons, zippers, pockets, etc. You can at least use them to replace those on other clothing when needed.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I save some clothes to make cat toys. Some old cotton shirts I use to dry meats that have been marinated, that kind of thing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You could always use them for stuffing pillows etc. My sister in law takes old shirts cuts off the buttons etc and sometimes cuts them into strips and uses them to stuff pillows. They are really soft pillows

·
Registered
645 Posts
Give them to Goodwill anyway. Most major thrift stores sell the bad clothes to textile companies which use them to make rugs, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Garage Sale

Hmmm, why not turn in into money rather than thinking for anything else...
You have said that those are not the type of stuffs to become rugs..
If those stuff of yours are in good condition and still looking pretty nice then maybe you should have a garage sale..Find some other unused yet good stuffs in your house and then let others use it again..By doing so you are not only achieving the green factor because you let others reuse those stuffs of yours, but also you will hve money from which... :cheerup: isn't it great???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts