Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I list them all? LOL
We have a three season screened porch, but we don't have a patio or deck. We have a table and chairs and also some patio chairs out there and a papasan chair. lol
I haven't decorated a thing. :eek: (well except for my herbs growing in pots out there) Hurray they are finally sprouting.
I love to hear how others decorate their patios, decks, and porches though.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I just have some flower pots, a chair, and wooden welcome bench on my porch. That's it. :)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
If it's sheltered well a lot of people decorate them like a room in the house.... I would love to have a sheltered porch to decorate light and airy.......

·
27,948 Posts
I do have a very small deck off the back porch (which we remodled & is now our kitchen eating area) and have two window boxes offf two sides with begonias in them. I like those because they really fill in and need 0 maintainence.

Our patio area is made up of rocks from the creek in front of our house. It is surrounded by our veggie garden on one side and then perrenial gardens curving around it on 2 other sides. The remaining side is grass & a Highbush Cranberry bush. On the patio is our umbrella topped table & 4 chairs.

It may sound wierd that we have these areas in front of our house but all there is is woods behind, no neighbors and with the creek in front of the house thats our yard lol.
It goes~woods,house, front yard, creek. Gotta get some pics posted so you can see what I mean ,lol.
The picture thats my avitar is part of my front yard.:)

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
On the front porch, we have wooden rockers and a bench. I have pots of flowers sitting on the rail. Not much else, as the dogs tend to drag it off. On the back deck, we have more wooden chairs, the grill and the picnic table. We definately need to decorate more.
pat

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Darlene, that sounds like Heaven ! I would love to cover an area with large stones.......

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I have flowers in pots, some hanging flower baskets and some garden style wind chimes. I also have a welcome wreath and my wooden glider on the porch. I would love to have more but my porch is not very big.

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
I have a big wrap around porch in the front/side of the house. I have a white wrought iron and glass table with 4 chairs in the front corner of the porch, window boxes with draping flowers and vines along the railing and roses growing up the front of it. I am currently in a desperate search for an old wooden chair to white wash and put next to my door. I usually have whatever I am waiting to plant in the center of the table (currently a peony and an antique norwegian copper tea pot that holds vinca vine that I am rooting) Occasionally there is a seasonal plant or tree in the front corner opposite the table. Anything else looks too busy and ruins the simple lines of the porch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.