Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just talked to my mom and she told me she is going to my sisters ex-husbands house for Thanksgiving (no one speaks to the sister). Well, my NIL called mom and told her the dress code is pajamas.. Yes, everyone is to wear pajamas for the family gathering..

That's new to me, so it got me thinking about how many people get dressed up anymore..

I don't dress up as it is in my home and I wanna be comfortable sense I am doing all the work, so a pair of black sweats with a descent top (I own one descent top and no dresses)..

Reactions: Labontet and baxjul

·
Registered
906 Posts
I'm afraid I would skip out on it if someone told me PJ's. I'll be wearing jeans and a knit/sweater top.

Reactions: Syn D

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Geez no one on the planet wants to see me in my pj's!! Sounds like a cute idea though if you have nice company worthy pj's.

I would say most of us here are dressed a hair above regular stuff. Some more than others. Dh usually has shorts and a nice shirt on. Dd nice jeans and nice shirt and with son. For me I try to dress up a bit, but half the time I am working on everything and barely get time to shower and get dressed.

I really would say nice casual.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
When I was a child we dressed up for Thanksgiving dinner. I remember wearing fancy dresses and trying not to spill gravy or cranberry sauce on my dress or the linen table cloth.

Now that I'm a grown up with a family of my own, we wear nice casual. We eat on the same dinning room table that I did as a child but now it has a Thanksgiving table runner and cloth place mats instead of the linen table cloth.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I do the cooking (for 23 people), so I wear stretch cotton cords and a cotton pullover shirt. And comfortable shoes. Fer sure.

If I could, I'd wear PJ's like some of you.

·
Registered
10,999 Posts
I try to remember to get a clean shirt before we sit down, and not eat in the one covered with flour and gravy splatters. :)

Reactions: Labontet and Syn D

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
When I was kid i dressed up all the time even when my kids were little. Now kids are grown. I will wear jeans and a hoodie or tshirt. I do my makeup and and curl my hair a bit. I always clip my hair up. Up until dinner and the minute pics are taken .I will slip into a tshirt and lounge pants.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
LOL..I was just thinking about this..I alway's dressed up for all the Holiday's until I gained 60lbs 3&1/2 years ago when I quit smoking..now I alway's wear my jammies since I don't have anything else nice to wear (I refuse to buy nice clothes being this size) my family nor my inlaws mind so i'm content being as comfortable as I can be after pigging out..The rest of the family wears what they would wear on a regular basis..

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Thanksgiving?

E.L.A.S.T.I.C.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanksgiving dress code

Well I guess I'm just old-school. Where I will be, most will dress in super-casual wear, jeans & sweatshirts. I like to step it up a little bit, wear a nice skirt and turtleneck.

I like to look as if I really care (I do!) how I celebrate the holiday, not just having it be another slobby day.

Reactions: annymoll and Syn D

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
We're having our neighbor over. We'll just be in everyday wear. If we were going to someone else's home, we'd be dressed in nicer clothes, such as jeans and a nice shirt.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
It's just us 5 for Thanksgiving lately. I'll make my kids get out of their jammies and into regular clothes but that's probably it. I'd probably put them all in church clothes if we were going somewhere else.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I've never dressed up for Thanksgiving. I'm wearing my skinny jeans and boots. I'm sure I will have to unbutton them after dinner. :D Sometimes I wear sweats with a hoodie and flip flops. heh. Nobody gives a crap what we wear in our family.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Stretchy pants. :D

Love the jammy idea but someone always wants to take pics so its not advisable unless thats how you want to be captured at that point in time :lol:

Usually its wear whatever you want. I remember one year, everyone had nice tops and track pants on! :lol: The pics were all table height and up - and that part looked great! I snuck in a 2nd pic and zoomed out so you could see our track pants....boy did I ever get it from the family! :laugh:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
We haven't really had a Thanksgiving at home before - when going to other peoples house, we do dressy casual... if it is a restaurant we dress to the nines...

This year we're staying home, just the 3 of us. Comfy casual. I plan on wearing a brown print crinkle skirt and plain brown tank top (hot flashes grrr).

New Years Eve is our jammies day.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Thanksgiving is at our house and we dress up. If going to a restaurant or others we dress up as well.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.