Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and what would you like your birthday to ideally be like?

I am not a birthday person at all. Of course, I like gifts but am happy with a sincere thought and best wishes. Ideally, I would prefer not to cook that day and just have the day slightly different than the norm. I often wish the day to just go by as quickly as possible. lol
When I was younger I loved birthdays that lasted a week. lol

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I'm pretty much the same way, birthday's are just another day here for me to get older, wiser :toothy: and a bit crankier. :eek:

Just kidding.

For me a perfect birthday would be to go out for a nice quiet supper with my family and then to a good movie. Thats about it!!

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Same here! Birthdays are a special day to celebrate "you" but I'm not one for alot of "hoopla" I don't get upset about birthday and getting older like some, nothing is going to stop it!;) I would love a day of no cooking or cleaning, kids getting along and maybe supper out or order in and definitely no dishes. A balloon or two would be nice!!:grball:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
My own birthday isn't really a bit deal, I love to make gifts for other people's birthdays !!!!!!!!
Dinner cooked for me and dishes done would be great for me.....

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I would LOVE a surprize birhtday party. That would be my favorite, but of course, just one more than that would be boring.

·
27,948 Posts
I love my b'day! It's "my"day, lol.
Wine & dine me all you want, I love it !!:D

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I'm glad my mom and dad decided to give me a birthday. When I was younger, like most, I wanted it ALL. Now I just want a day I don't have to cook or clean. LOL My Dd and Dh giving me a day that is all about me is nice. No gifts nessisary.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
No big deal for me, just so long as those near and dear to me remember and acknowledge it in some way- like at least say "Happy Birthday"

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
well I definitly prefer to not haveo ne like this year! I went blind on my bday!
Now that I am fixed I am ok but that was the pits!
Just a quiet day with no work is all I really want

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I love my bday, too. It is special for me only. :smball:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I don't mind that my birthday gets to be extra special. What I really want is hugs and kisses from my kids and dh, a card made by the kids makes me very happy. On my bd, I don't cook or do dishes. But I wish all year round I'd get a little more apreciation...;) lol

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I like my birthday, but no one ever really makes a big deal about it. I would love to have a surprise party some year. I have only ever had one surprise party in my life and I was 7. It seems that every year someone in my family forgets me.:mad: This year it was my mil. But, I can forgive her because her sister was near death and she had to go and say goodbye to her just a few days before my birthday.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Its just another day, but it is nice when you dont HAVE to do much!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I like being taken out to lunch and dinner, I think I should have at least one day that I don't have to cook! And a present or two is always nice :toothy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts