Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you read the newspaper, watch it on tv, listen to it on the radio or get it from the net?

I've really cut back on listening or watching the news. The one place I usually get it from now, more than anywhere, is on the CBC radio.

How about you?

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
If we are going somewhere in the van I may listen to the news. My ds#2 delivers the Toronto Star so I usually sneak a peak at the front page to see what's up!! And sometimes at night I may check out CNN for a recap but not every night. I have drastically reduced the amount of "news" I take in....very depressing!!

We do get the local paper every Wednesday.:smball:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I usually spend a little while on CNN........

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I generally watch the 10pm news, and DH has a habit of reading or telling me all the interesting stories from the paper before I get to read it. (He is a true news junkie!) So sometimes I read it, sometimes I don't.

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
All of the above...I read the paper, watch the news a couple of times a day...read news on the web and listen to the news reports on the radio....

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I occasionally see it on TV or catch the front page of the paper while I'm standing in the shop! ;) But in general if it's really worth hearing then someone else will gossip - otherwise I have no idea what's going on - it's way too depressing.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Mainly the radio or CNN but I don't do either very much, too depressing! :dis:

·
27,948 Posts
Radio or Fox news.:)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I read the news on internet and try to catch some on tv, when the kids aren't watching their shows...

·
Registered
260 Posts
I try to catch the late news to keep on top of what's going on in the world. I like to get our local (NJ) Sunday paper for coupons, flyers and local news, and I always read the Toronto Star online a few times a week to keep up on what's happening in my country of origin :smball: .

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm a certified new junkie. I read the paper daily, watch a couple minutes in the morning and a newscast at night, check CNN.com and turn it on the car radio.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, I typically try to avoid the news because most everything is so depressing and glum. But when I do want to see what's going on in the world, I usually check the news on the internet!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I read the paper.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I watch the 10 pm news and I read the paper daily. I am a subscriber.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Online and 10:00 news.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts