Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little Miss spilled Grape juice on our skirts at Communion last night.

I have washed them in the washer with cold water. Now they just look like a dark shadow no longer purple but still a visible stain. So I didn't put them in the dryer.

Any ideas on how I can finish getting the stain out?

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I bought generic store brand version of Oxi-Clean and followed its direction on how to soak a garment to get a stain out (about an hour or two in a small bucket) Worked wonders for dad's clothes! I don't know where he gets half of his stubborn stains!

Oxi-Clean works best for 'organic' stains (food, grass etc) But always do the hidden test patch first in case it fades or discolours your item. (And yes this can be done after you've already tried washing the stain out. :))

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Have to second the oxi-clean. I made a blueberry and cranberry jam which landed on my white shirt. I just mixed up some oxi-clean in the bathroom sink and dipped the spot in and out of the mixture and it was completely gone. NO rubbing involved.

I love oxi-clean!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've never been very successful with Oxi-clean. I use an enzymatic stain and odor remover called Kids N Pets for things like that. My son got blueberry cobbler on a brand new white tee and the Kids N Pets completely removed the stain. Sometimes you can find it at Walmart where they sell Resolve and other carpet stain removers and it's also for sale online if you google it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.