Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my 13yo would do better being homeschooled than public school right now. I feel like she's falling between the cracks and not getting what she needs from them. I think one on one would be best for her right now.

How difficult is it to pull them from regular school after all this time?

I'm in NY state, I've been googling my fool head off but all I can find is I have to provide the school w/ a letter of intent and keep attendence records to send to the local superintendent, and have standardized tests once a year (for her grade).

Anyone homeschooling in NY state that could take my hand through this? lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Once you have her withdrawn, my biggest advice would be to RELAX! There is so much info/curriculum out there it will overwhelm in a hurry. Don't be in a rush to buy anything. She will need time to re-adjust from school and figure out what interests her. Give her a chance to re-join the world by just doing stuff with you...homemaking, shopping, going to the library, write letters, etc.

Buy curriculum SLOWLY...you may not need much if you use the library a lot!

HTH,
Becky

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all so much!!

I'm not even planning on buying a curriculum at all. I plan on having Melanie help me design a plan based on what interests her.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
It's a little off topic, but related....

If you contact Book Samaratins (sp?) (google it) they will send you FREE books to use. All they ask is you don't sell it when you are done, but instead mail it back to them or pass it to another homeschooling family.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts