Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get a lot of calls in a day. I used to say hang on a sec I have a call on the other line and hang up on them. lol
Now I ask to be removed from their list.

Do you hang up, say a few choice words? listen to them?

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I ask to be removed from the list, they usually hand up on me then.. If the same company calls back, I hang up .......

Dh had Verizon call yesterday and try to sell him a cordless phone, he said I don't need a phone and she asked if he currently owned a phone........ How stupid, what did she think he was talking on ??????? He imbarrased her and hung up....

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I don't get very many calls being as to where we live, but when I do, I just say "I'm not interesting, have a nice day" and hang up.

I do the exact same thing when I see a door to door salesman!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I say, I'm not ineterested and let them reply, and repeat no thank-you. Usually they hang up, but some are persistant. So I insist, no thank-you in a ploite way. :) I can't be rude...I feel bad for them. But I hate when they see I am friendly. They never stop talking and don't *respect* my answer...

·
Registered
215 Posts
:smball: simplemom, you sound just like me. I answer, listen for a bit just to be respectful...until I can get to break in...LOL, and then say No thank you.

If they persist, I say it again, and wish them a pleasant day!

I figure they are just doing a job, and trying to earn a living! :D

·
27,948 Posts
I say I am not interested and ask to be taken off their list.

If dds boyfriend is around they will hand him the phone and he has fun talkng with them. He can be pretty entertaining and usually has my two kids rolling on the floor in fits of laughter. He's especially great with surveys.:toothy:

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
We're on a no call list, so I don't get many calls. When I do, I tell them I'm not interested and thanks for calling and hang up. They are usually still talking. They always seem to call at the worst time. Especially dinner time. I used to just lay the phone down and walk away. Now I tell them no thanks and hang up.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I just say "No thanks, I am not interested, Please remove me from your calling list" then I hang up. I do not give them time to reply to me because I did not ask them to call so I don't think I need to spend my time listening to them. I am not rude, I am firm though.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I have a message that is played when someone calls that says if this call is of a telemarketing nature these calls will not be accepted. I get it through the phone company and I pay a small monthly fee. I don't get any calls. Last year I had to take it off so that my son could call collect home from camp. I had it turned off for 30 minutes and I got 5 calls. After that, I was glad that I had it.

Traci

·
Registered
25 Posts
I interupt them and tell them that I do not purchase anything over the phone and to please take me off the call list. We don't get very many calls since I have been doing this for years. DH will listen to the whole sales pitch (sometimes twice) and tell them no thanks.

I'm nicer to them since my widowed aunt worked as a telemarketer. I felt sorry for her.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
We have Privacy Plus on our phone that blocks out telemarkreters by telling them we are not accepting solcitations. However one or two just bypass the recording and get through anyhow. I ask for their home number so i can call em back when they are busy or eating. They generally say they don't want people calling them at home... I say Bingo! and hang up. If I am feeling in a good mood, i just ask to be taken off the calling list and wish them a nice day, thanks anyway, and hang up.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
For me its easy. If I am not in a talky mood, its caller id and answering machine. If I do feel like chatting I may have some fun with them.
I normally do not like talking on the phone, or any place but here actually!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
An unlisted phone number... caller ID.... and if they do get through, I ask to be taken off their list.

Generally the only calls we get are through our credit cards, and they call nearly once a week, despite repeated requests to be taken off their list. While I'm thinking of it, I might surf on over to their website to see what I can do about that!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts