Frugal Village Forums banner

How do you keep your home smelling fresh?

3K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Katybird 
#1 ·
I like to keep my house smelling good. Somethings that I use are plug ins and scented candles.

What types of things do you use to keep your home smelling fresher?

Sara

#3 ·
Febreze, febreze, and MORE febreze ROFL! I have a 250 pound dog, three cats, and a 13 year old....and the most sensitive nore on the face of the earth! I average a gallon of the stuff a month, even in the summer when the windows are all open LOL! I use it on everything...the fabric furniture, the curtains, the animals, the litter box, as an air freshener...the works LOL!

#6 ·
On 2001-09-19 09:38, daycare1 wrote:
Yankee candles Island Mango is one of my favorites I burn tarts rather than the large candles as they are expensive.
Chelle gave me a tart burner for my birthday. I loved the scents she sent. I think they are stronger than the housewarmers. I haven't tried island mango, but I am addicted to buttercream.

Sara

#9 ·
:bump:

I love Country Home candles, lots of yummy scents! Lots of times though I have a small pot (just for this purpose), I add orange or lemon peels and a couple of cinnamon sticks and let simmer on the stove....it smells like Christmas all year round!! I love the smell and it goes through the whole house!!:smball:

#10 ·
These are some great ideas!

I burn candles when I can. Dave doesn't like most candles, but he can tolerate a vanilla or something tame like that once in awhile. I to vacuum everyday... sometomes twice a day.

I am going to have to try Febreze. I've seen it but never tried it.
I like the orange idea too... and the oranges and cinnamon on the stove. Mmmm!

#11 ·
oOOWEEE..........LOL we burn candles every night in our house -----in almost every room-----------I just love them, Glade, Air Wick, Yankee, Partylite--------any kind of candles I love

Also use Plug Ins (Glade, Air Wick)

#12 ·
i would also like to ask What kind of dog does deewheat own that is 250 lbs.....LOL

#13 ·
I love candles too, but I love to put a few fresh drops of lavendar on our pillows, sheets and towels. Mmmmmm, heavenly.

When I can, I love using Mother nature - opening all the windows. I love the smell of fresh fallen rain, grass cut and hay mowed, so on those days, my windows are opened wide!!

#15 ·
Open windows and doors, febreeze, candles, incense, good smelling cleaners like Lysol in the pink bottle to clean the bathroom, I also bought lots of click and sprays for the bathroom with coupons. I hate a stinky house, so I am always looking for ways to improve the house smells. Lori also makes great simmering potporri of which I ran out...(little hint wouldn't hurt)

#16 ·
hmm let's see....I burn candles or tarts everyday if we're home.I use lysol and great smelling cleaning products.plug ins,Frebreze,air freshners...that new oust is pretty good....Love the floral scent but I don't think it smells like floral LOL!
And I open the windows when I can to let the fresh air in :)

#17 ·
My mother has been staying here and she smokes in her room and you can smell it all over the house. I hate it, but I have found that trueair plug in air purifiers and citrus oust mak a huge difference.

#18 ·
I love burning candles when we are home too. I use plug-ins and just about anything that has an aroma that we agree on to it..lol! I also boil cinnamon sticks on the stove. I love the smell and it is a cheap way to make the house smell wonderful. I have a cat so I have to make sure the cat litter is always clean, plus I have a litter box that has the lid and a filter on it to help keep odors out. I also like to open the windows and let the fresh air in.

#20 ·
I burn candles, use Febreeze, and AirWicks.

#21 ·
I make my own simmering potpourri, it's cheap ! and smells great !

#22 ·
I am a candle addict. I burn them all over my house. Sara, my favorite is buttercream too.:) I love the "fresh baked cake" too. I get mine from a woman that has a booth in my sister's consignment shop and she triple scents them, they are just wonderful. She has one that is cucumber and it smells like summer in a jar, it is great.

Deewheat, a 250 pound dog isn't a dog, it is a horse, LOL. just kidding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.