Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found out that I am the lowest paid member of my group. We all perform the same function and basically do the same job. There are pay bands in which all positions fall. I am the newest member of the group and therefore expect to make less than the others but this is a large difference. I will be having a performance review in the next month or so in which any upcoming raise will be discussed. I was wondering if any of you have negotiated a salary increase and if so, how you went about it.

I intend to point out my achievements in the last year and remind the boss of the fact that I have stepped up to the plate with every assignment and been successful with each. While I know I still have a learning curve in my current position, my past experience also comes into play in dealing with the customers and clients. So I know that I need to also remind them of that gently. Any advice folks!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I would just talk about all the hard work you have done and your accomplishments with the company, most likely if your up for a review it's the bes ttime to ask for a increase in pay, even mention that your on time everyday and if you stay late mention that as well. Good luck and let us know how things turn out. :)

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I agree with Tracy, but be sure NOT to tell them that you know how much your co-workers make. Thats a big no-no in most work environments and could get you in trouble. Just point out your achievements, and let them know that you believe you have earned an increase. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I always keep a journal (daily) of tasks large and small that I deal with. The week before my review, I look it over and write down those items that show where I took initiative, handled a crisis, beat a deadline etc. I also point out the fact I am not tardy to work, and any time off comes out of my vacation instead of "personal time". It is surprising to me some times when I am looking over the year some of the things I forgot about but that meant a positive impact on the company/team. I tend to blank out in the bosses office so having everything written down helps. It also helps to point out stuff you did on your own time to improve your skills (classes, workshops, taking work home). It also helps to have a list of goals you would like to target for the coming year. Shows the boss you are forward thinking.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I will keep you posted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts