·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rip it open?
Tear a side?
Use a letter opener?
?

I'm ruthless with the mail. I rip through it all and toss.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I rip it open along the top by putting in a pen or pencil and using that as a letter opener. DH always tears the side.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I rip it open at the sides, unless its a card, then I'm more careful.

All the flyers and catolgues are deposited right at the recycling bin at the post office - they don't even come home!!!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I just tear it open...this has gotten me in trouble in the past LOL

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
At home, I rip it open.

At my office, I use a letter opener, since I'm often opening mail for my residents or passing on my own mail. It's one of those square plastic things with a little slit and a razor blade-type thing in the slit. It's attached to my desk with a magnet so I don't lose it!

(And I'll bet that's way more information than anyone wanted to know, isn't it? LOL!!):jabber:

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I just stick my thumb in that little opening and open the top. Most of the time nothing gets torn.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
My kids usually have it opened for me!:toothy: They just can't wait to see what has come today! However, they seem to have the same aversion to the bills as I do and we just put those in the file for Daddy to deal with later!:)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I rip it apart.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Letter opener...unless it's obviously junk and then it gets ripped in half and pitched instantly.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I rip it open. I have no method to my madness. LOL. I have been known to rip edges off things and tape back on later.

I hate and love mail. I know nothing exciting will come. I do all bills online. So I just stand over garbage and chuck 95% of the mail. I love it for the freebies that come in mail! LOL

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I run my finger under the flap, sort of tearing it at the seam. I usually start opening my mail on the way back from the mailbox and sort in my hand the stuff to keep, to recycle, and to shred.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
run my thumb under the flap ripping the top open. Not pretty, lol.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
letter opener or knife.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I use a letter opener.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
At the garbage can....oh, and I rip it open.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts