Frugal Village Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Recently I finally hit on a earring storage system that I like. I bought 4 scrapbooking paper keepers in the smaller paper size of 8.5x11inches. Then I got plastic needlepoint canvas of the same size. I labeled one for red/orange, one for blue/greens, one for metals and one for seasonal. I have been wearing lots of different earrings, as I remember I have them.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
I bought 4 scrapbooking paper keepers in the smaller paper size of 8.5x11inches.
What are you referring to here Aqua Blue? I'm curious. I have some studs I could stick on the plastic canvas you mentioned. But a lot of my earrings are hook backings, with no 'stopper'. Would they stay in place with this system? I right now have my earrings in a big jumble in a small earring box. It's a challenge to look for them and untangle them every morning. Lately I've taken to wearing just studs all the time because I can't be bothered to put together a look with everything in a mishmash like that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What are you referring to here Aqua Blue? I'm curious. I have some studs I could stick on the plastic canvas you mentioned. But a lot of my earrings are hook backings, with no 'stopper'. Would they stay in place with this system? I right now have my earrings in a big jumble in a small earring box. It's a challenge to look for them and untangle them every morning. Lately I've taken to wearing just studs all the time because I can't be bothered to put together a look with everything in a mishmash like that.
I think it would only work with pierced earrings. It does work well for them, as I can see everything I have in a particular color, so I end up wearing different ones, instead of the same old ones.

I also did the same thing with my pins and it worked well for them.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
So you all motivated me. I looked around the Net and at all your links and decided to spend this morning knocking together a simple jewellery display/holder. It doesn't hold everything, but it was made totally from what I had on hand. It is much better at letting me see what I have that I wear on a day-to-day basis. No room for the good jewellery, which I still have packed away in a velvet case...

It's designed so the back pops out and I can add more lace as I need more room for earrings. Or I can put hooks on the top for bracelets. I rarely wear bracelets, so that's not a big issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If those are not costly then you can use them like a decoration purpose in a room or anywhere. You can prepare and hang them as a decoration net, such as a chandelier.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I use those little plastic cases that you use for beads....one little space for a couple pairs of earrings....I double up cause I have so many.....I had a case for each color....then, years ago I was in CVS and they had an empty display of a wooden thing that was about twelve inches high and it had five rods about six inches long coming off of the top and that is where I hang my necklaces and bracelets....I asked if I could buy it and they gave it to me....

21 - 28 of 28 Posts