Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I'm not talking about grabbing your ankles. I mean if your plans for the day get upset by something unexpected, does it 'un-do' you to some extent? This is my most annoying (well to me anyway) personality trait. I don't like for my plans to be changed for me. We've had a discussion along these lines before but I wanted to pose the question again. In response to my own question. Not very....:lol: :blind:

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I don't like it at all when my routine gets disrupted. Hate it!
It takes me weeks to get used to a new routine...like dh being home & up my butt unemployed. Still. Again.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I'm also one who doesn't like my routine disrupted. I plan things out and get upset when those plans are changed. So I would say I am not very flexible.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Yes, I can relate. I really get annoyed with Daylight Savings Time Change. I don't care which way they have it - JUST LEAVE IT ONE WAY OR THE OTHER!! We are always thrown off and tired from it for awhile ~ just can't stand it!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
My life feels disrupted too when plans change. I like routine and I count on it in my life, when something out of the ordinary happens if it's big enough it can really ruin my day.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I am flexible, I don't like routines...they bore. My dh is lucky I am so flexible. We moved from Fl to NC because he didn't like his boss. He called a company here, was hired over the phone, given a date to start. Then he called me to let me know we had 2 weeks to relocate. We left PA (where we both grew up) on the same kind of whim, only then neither of us had a job we were going to.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I dont like my plans getting changed but I am pretty flexible I guess. I guess I am an in-betweener, lol :)

·
Registered
667 Posts
For me it totally depends on the plans. Usually I'm very flexable maybe at times too flexable. The only thing that bothers me is drama or something bad happening. Like really bad, that's when I become undone.

·
27,948 Posts
Guess you probably know my answer Lisa. ;) I go with the flow, ride the wave & try to make the best out of the situation. Often turns out much better than I thought. Now if you promised me a great dinner & fed me liver, there would be no saving that. :laugh: Well maybe there would be if a Cabana boy were involved...:hubba: hmmm....

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Humm....I don't like when my plans get changed. I get irratable and cranky. That doesn't really hold true though as far as routine. If today's scheaduale is one way and tomorrow it's another and the next day it's way different and so on I don't mind. What makes me crazy is to plan out something, like if today I planned to do the grocery shopping after dinner and then drop off the mail, and then have something come up, like hubby working late and a sick kiddo, and have to put off what I've planned. I'm aware that it makes me cranky so I pay attention for it. When I realize I'm reacting that way, and how rediculous it usually is, I can generally get over. If I'm not paying attention though the irratation can really get the better of me, and make me a royal grump.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I like to think I am on the flexible, go with the flow side, but it depends on what is disrupting my day. Sick kid, hubby home, no problem, I go about things as usual, but let my drama queen SD show up and it takes me about 2 seconds to get out of whack and cranky for the rest of the day, or week, depending on what she is expecting of us this time. Other than that I go with the flow.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I live on a farm and I'm a mother of a teenage boy, and have a fiance who's job bounces around lately like a rubber ball. I have learned to be flexiable. ( I just don't like it )

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm pretty flexible when I have all the details about the changes. If someone changes plans and doesn't give me all the info then I can be uptight, but as long as I know what's going on, I'm good.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
I can be pretty flexible. e.g when my friend asks me to be there for this lady in a wheelchair she takes cares of, getting off the bus. Im there, so if I know in time , i do extra work the nigt before and get cp all night out and do the quiet clean things.
Otherwise I like my routine too.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am very flexible. I think it is because of my working enviroment, a very busy critical care area of a large hospital, I have to be flexible there and it just carries over into all areas of my life. My motto at work is "blessed are the flexible for they will bend but not break". Although I am with Darlene on the liver dinner :puke: and the cabana boy :hubba: .

·
Registered
616 Posts
I am very flexible, I do shift work and have all sorts of crazy hours. I have to be flexible to survive.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I am a planner and like to know well in advance what is going on. This mainly holds true for things like my kids' activity schedules, DD's outings with her BF and his family, family gatherings, etc... If practices or plans get changed I get real upset.

Now things that I have total control over the planning of I am very flexible. Our vacations, weekend trips, my kids schooling, daily outings and errands I can handle changes in these areas. It just goes back to the fact that I am a control freak.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Guess you probably know my answer Lisa. ;) I go with the flow, ride the wave & try to make the best out of the situation. Often turns out much better than I thought. Now if you promised me a great dinner & fed me liver, there would be no saving that. :laugh: Well maybe there would be if a Cabana boy were involved...:hubba: hmmm....

Rofl.

Lets see. i guess it depends on the situation. i thrive on routine my mom used to say. but as long as i get the same end result, i guess it's ok when plans change.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I am NOT flexible at all, sorry to say. I am an obsessive planner, and I like to be in control of all things all the time. I know this is going to be very difficult for me once I have the baby, and I've been trying to relax about it, but it's just so hard to let go...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts