Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't go to Walmart often (maybe 2 or 3 times/yr.), and I've never tried to price match there. How hard is it? Do they give you a hard time? Are they picky about certain things, and if so, what things?
Do they price match everything that they carry?

TIA :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
i can only speak for canada...
but i am a cashier at walmart..

if we carry it we'll price match it, BUT
-the items have to be identical, brand size flaour
-you must bring in the flyer in question and it has to be valid on that date
-any cashier can do it for you, it takes like 2 seconds...no longer than a coupon

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
They price match brand for brand and if you have an ad it shouldnt be a problem. I know i have never had a problem. They wont price match bogo or buy 2 get 1 anything along those lines they consider gimmicks. So if you went in with an ad for .50 a can pringles they would price match whatever the ad says so if it says sour cream and onion flavor only that will be all you could get.

Reactions: Michelle

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I price matched a DVD there once.

The ad listed a big price difference then what Wal-mart was selling it for. The ad fine print said while supplies last.

So they called the other store to verify if the paper had the right price and to see if they still had supplies left. I guess if the other store had been out I might not have been able to have mine price matched.

Generally, at my local Wal-mart they have the grocery sale ads for the other grocery stores in town hanging up on the wall for everyone to check out. They tend to know if something is on a good special at another store and just nod when you tell them so and adjust the price.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So cashiers can do it vs. a customer service desk?

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
So cashiers can do it vs. a customer service desk?

Yes

Just let them know you want something price matched, before they ring it up is best.

Just let them know what the price is and where it is that price. Have the proof if need be.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes

Just let them know you want something price matched, before they ring it up is best.

Just let them know what the price is and where it is that price. Have the proof if need be.
I'm surprised that they don't make you go to the service desk. I can imagine those transactions must hold up the line sometimes (not the actual ringing but people not having the right criteria, things like that).

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I'm surprised that they don't make you go to the service desk. I can imagine those transactions must hold up the line sometimes (not the actual ringing but people not having the right criteria, things like that).
Yet that is how it is done. Most of the verification only takes seconds much like when they check to see if your coupons match what you bought. It generally takes less time then WIC coupons.

Most people I know organize their stuff.
Here is the regular stuff, here is my coupon stuff and these I need price matched please.

The cashiers seem please when it is ordered.

edited for a spelling error that made a wrong word

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
My Walmart is awesome @ price matching. They NEVER give me any crap about ad matching. I guess each Walmart must vary.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I used to be a cashier here at WM until end of May - they wouldn't let me take June off for my 2 children that I only see 3 times per year. Anyway, yes you can Price Match. They do have to look at the flyer and see if you got the same items. If it's electronics sometimes they do call the other store to verify but it really doesn't take much time. I have done it and will do it in the future if I need to.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I once bought a barbie doll @ walmart for a christmas gift & the next week the target ad came out with the same doll ridiculously cheap. I took my ad, the doll & the reciept to customer service and they, without a question, refunded me the difference in what I had paid compared to the target ad. (and the closest target to our town is 40 mi. away!) So they're even cool with stuff like that !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts