Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a whole lot better than I thought.Only spent $53 on groceries this month,I need to get some more milk so by weeks end it will probably be around $60.We still have plenty left in the fridge,freezer and pantry to get buy on if we needed to.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
WTG Amanda! I spent just under $66 this month and we still have quite a bit left too!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
WTG ladies. I spent just under $150 from my usual $350. Approximately $40 of that was in purchasing a few loss leaders that I just couldn't pass up and needed.

It was a great challenge!!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I did much better than I thought I would.... (Free meals from Subway helped too )
I spent $71.00 and still bought some extra loss leaders.....

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I did pretty well too. I did have to buy a few items including cat and dog food, t.p., etc.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Actually, I don't know how well I did...but I know I have tried to spend less and only loss leaders...

·
Registered
948 Posts
I didn't do so well when you look at the amount I spent on groceries. However, I did do really well with preparing meals at home vs. eating out. I think I'll personally continue this challenge as a home cookin' challenge. Anyone care to join me?

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I did really well with this challenge. I bought a few loss leaders that I couldn't stand to pass up and then some fruit, vegetables, bread and milk. I spent $50 at the most. I still have items in my pantry that need to go, so I am going to continue on with it.:)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
This month we are doing ok..
We are just stretching our food for a couple more weeks.
We have almost ran out of our Supply of Meat.
So we will be living off of Can Goods..

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
I actually did really well. Considering that coupons are making me sick with this ridiculous morning sickness that lasts all day, I wasn't able to do much BUT work from the stockpile anyway. Dh has been doing the food shopping and is only buying fresh produce, milk and bread, so our grocery bill was way below the $130 that I always used to set as the goal for my family for the grocery challenge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts