Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
FV Buddy
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the time frame from when you met your husband to when you got married?

Reason I ask is I think this guy is "the one"...he is talking about proposing within a year of us being together...says he would ask now except that he wants to get me a nice ring....lol

My first "almost" marriage was nine years into the relationship...so the thought of possibly marrying someone in a year or two is scary....and exciting!!!

Tell me your stories....TIA

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Dh and i knew each other forever it seems! 8 years we knew each other before we got engaged. we dated almost all that time. we had to quit dating when our parents retired from the millitary in different places. then we saved the money and he flew me to him . (I shoulda flew him to Maine instead of me to Colorado). 5 months after getting back together again, we were engaged and married 2 month from that. been married for 5 years now. :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We married 4 and half years after we started to go out together. The main reason we waited so long is that we were only 17 when we fell in love. We married when we both finished college.

Theresa, just listen to your heart.:heartsm: Don't be scared. :)

·
FV Buddy
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Lucie...my heart is telling me this is right...it's my head that keeps saying "are you crazy!!!!????"

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Well, dh and I met when we were Freshmen in Highschool, but at the time I was dating one of his friends. I didn't really see him again, until our Senior year. That's when we started dating. We were married 16 months later, and this August will make us 5 years together.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I met and started dating dh December 31,1987 and we married June 2,1989...Next Monday we'll be married 14 years :D
I was 16 when we married and dh was 18.

·
Registered
604 Posts
My dh and I met on July 4, 1993 we were friends for a few months before we started dating...he propsed to me within a month. We did not "rush" to get married (I was only 17, he was 26) We got married on Dec 28, 1994. I am happy to say this year will be 9 years, we have 3 beautiful kids and have NEVER gotten into an argument!!

·
362 Posts
Let's see... I moved to SD in October 98, we were engaged in November 98 and married in February99....

We had talked to each other online for about 4 yrs tho

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Our first date was January 1, 1983, we were engaged in July of 1984 and married May 18, 1985. We have been together for 20 yeaars and just celebrated our 18th anniversary!!:)

·
Registered
948 Posts
Dh and I started dating in October 1995, got engaged November of 1996, and got married December of 1997! He's 12 years older than me, so things were a bit awkward at first, but we both knew it was right. We've been married for 5-1/2 years and just had our first child together!

Just follow your heart and everything will work out!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Dh & I started dating in Oct 1989, married in Feb. 1990......
Yes a meer 4 months..... We have been married for 13 years.......:D

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I'm not married but I think there really isn't a certain time someone should date. Follow your heart!! :D I'm really happy for you that things are working out so well!!

·
27,948 Posts
Lori has me beat. We were married 6 months after meeting on a blind date(May 94) & have been married (Nov 94) 18 1/2 years and counting. I was 24 he was 35.

If he loves and respects you (visa versa) and you talk over all the important stuff I think you should follow your heart.:heartsm:

If your family & friends see him as a great guy that's the icing on the cake. They can be objective when you may be looking at him just all lovey dovey.:)

I'm so happy for you Theresa!!!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Dh and I started dating in March 1980 and married in Dec 1986. Last Dec. was 16 years for us and we are still best friends! :D

I agree with the ladies Theresa, just follow your heart! :D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My husband and I got engagaed about 6 months after our blind date :~) at Christmas that year he gave me a ring but after our first date we both knew we were going to get married just had the feeling it was right... we married a little more than a year after we got engaged so I knew him for about 18 months when we got married and have been married almost 11 years, will be 11 in September...

I say follow your heart! It is hard especially after being hurt so bad but listen to what your heart says...
Good luck,
Eileen

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
DH and I met in July of 1986 and married December of 1987. BUT, we knew we would be married a couple of months into our relationship. I truly believe that "we knew", we just knew we were meant for each other. I totally agree to follow your heart with this Theresa, sometimes you can be with someone for years and not have the same feelings as for someone you have known only a short time. Best of luck to you and be happy!!:smball:

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Dh and I had known each other since birth (our parents used to joke about us growing up and getting married), but we didn't date until we were in college and both had broken engagements. We married 11 months after we started dating.

MY parents got engaged after their 2nd date, and married about 6 months later. They'll be married 50 years in January.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I think I probably have you all beat. Dh and I had our first day Dec. 23rd, 1967, and were married Feb. 24, 1968, making is 2 months from our first date. We've been married 35 years!!

I agree, follow your heart.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Met DH in September 1980 (I was 13), started dating January 1983 (I was 15), got married March 1988. We've been together 15 years-we dated for 5 years before we got married.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts