Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a funny worry of dying and leaving my parents with nothing if something happens to me!
If I start a policy today, how long do I need to have it before my family would be able to collect benefits?
If the policy were only 90 days old and I passed from an accident would my family have issues collecting the payout?
Thank you!

·
Registered
10,356 Posts
You should ask the company providing the insurance what the policy covers and what the terms are.

Reactions: marthamfi

·
Registered
2 Posts
When it comes to timing, the younger you are when you buy life insurance, the better. This is because at a younger age, you'll qualify for lower premiums. And as you get older, you could develop health problems that make insurance more expensive or even disqualify you from purchasing a plan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a funny worry of dying and leaving my parents with nothing if something happens to me!
If I start a policy today, how long do I need to have it before my family would be able to collect benefits?
If the policy were only 90 days old and I passed from an accident would my family have issues collecting the payout?
Thank you!
You do not need life insurance on yourself if you are single.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts