Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to re-email her my questions? I sent her an email a week ago asking her the following questions:
I have read the Merchandiser handbook and want to confirm some of the instructions therein.

Do I automatically visit the stores weekly or bi-weekly to ensure they are tidy and organized or only when they have shipments received that need to be stocked/restocked?
Handbook states to visit The Home Depots every 3 weeks or as directed by you.
Kmarts are as directed by you
Targets state upon receipt of replenishment orders
No information regarding CVS or Safeways

She has yet to reply back. I know she read the email and I believe my email has now been "lost" in a mountain of others. For me...I have stores I service that are well over an hr away and generally only make 1 trip on Mondays out there. I wonder if I should be checking them...cleaning up etc? I am headed out there Monday but just not sure.
What do you think?

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
A week is a good time-frame, I'd say shoot one off with the casual, friendly attitude of "hi there, I was starting to plan some of my trips for this coming week and wanted to know if you had a chance to read my email....."

If no response, use your best judgement and maybe visit one of the sites but not all. That way you aren't just waiting around for her, either. Then do a follow-up email that you visited such&such site and maybe plan out and tell her what weeks you had planned for which sites.

My two cents.

Reactions: mom23boyz

·
Registered
581 Posts
If you don't get a response, set your own schedule based on the handbook and your own best judgment.
Then send your supervisor another email, telling her what you plan to do.
If she disagrees, she can let you know.
Otherwise, your schedule is documented.
She can't come back months from now and say she didn't know what you were doing.

·
Registered
669 Posts
In the days before computers and emails, I worked for a man who was an alcoholic and would sit in his office with his door closed. I perfected my technique of getting "approval" for things that I needed to get done:

"Unless I hear from you otherwise, I am going to plan the following:
visit stores A, B and C the first week of each month;
Visit stores D, E, and F the second and fourth week of the month
visit stores G through H the third week of the month.

Something of that nature - Label the email clearly - PLANNED STORE VISIT SCHEDULE FOR FEBRUARY THROUGH APRIL, 2011

You can add something about how store G through H, say, are at the supervisor's discretion, but that you have tried to anticipate the need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.