Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sitting here looking at dh's magazines and I'm wondering how long you keep your magazines before you throw them away. In my bathroom downstairs, I have a copy of Good Housekeeping from 2001, but that's because it is dd's favorite thing to "read" while sitting on the potty. Most magazines I get rid of right away after reading, but, Child magazine I pass on to a friend, Refunding Makes Sense I keep forever, and Consumer Reports I keep forever. But, I don't see the sense in keeping dh's Sporting News laying around...after a week, it's old news!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I don't keep magazines long at all. When they come through the mail, I read them, and then throw them away then. If there is an article I want to save, I just clip it out and keep it, although there usually isn't, and I usually don't keep it long.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
The only magazines I keep around are quilting ones and thats if there is something I really want to do in that magazine. Otherwise, I give them away.

I seldom purchase other magazines, I try to get them at the libary. When I do purchase a magazine, I read it a couple of times and then give it away so that others can enjoy it too.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I just went through all my magazines about a month ago, and I had hundreds of them and some were dated as far back as 1986:eek: :eek: :eek: Wow am I a packrat or what???? Anyway, I said ok this is enough! and I threw out some and put the rest in a yard sale, what didn't sell was thrown away. That got me started on a major decluttering rampage and I'm planning another yard sale and I'm throwing stuff out too. I still can't believe I had magazines from 1986:eek: And I hate to think how many dh has, but he refuses to part with any of them!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i keep some of mine. i keep my scrapbook mags, but no others. i get rid of my family circle, martha, womans day, womans world, etc.

·
Registered
948 Posts
For the past few months, my mom and I have been swapping magazines. Basically, the only mags I keep are parenting mags and the rest I give to her as soon as I'm done reading them. Once we're both done, they go to the recycling center!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
The only one that we keep is National Geographic. When I finish reading a magazine, I usually throw it out within the week. Sometimes I end up keeping them just because they are put some place that I forget that they are there. Other than that, I make it a habit of throwing them out. I hate to have too much clutter around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts