Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
All of the time !!!!!!!!!
They sell these food orders called "Market day" they want us to pay $8.99 a pound for tyson chicken breasts or 41099 for a frozen pizza so they can make .25c..... I can't do that......
It's always something they are doing, but never anything that has a real value or profit margin. Mag sales (NO we don't do that either)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Way too many!!! The PTO has 2 a year. Then you have athletics, band, art, each grade level has their own. TOO MANY!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
We had 9 PTO fundraisers this year. I know that's a lot, but we started the school year with $88 in the bank and we had to rebuild an almost non-existent treasury. Some of them are family fun events that don't really feel like fundraisers, and others are flat out sales. We did a lot so that there were many options to choose from, and we posted what they were and when they were going to happen at the beginning of the school year, so people could choose to participate in only those things that truly interested them.

I live in a town where the school budget is not well-supported, and the money we have raised this year has helped fund things that kids would have missed out on otherwise, like field trips and events and student planners and classroom supplies, just to name a few. I know that some people felt like PTO always had their hands out this year, but we gave it all back in very important ways.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
They did 2 or 3 this year for the elementary and 2 or 3 for the middle school. We usually have the wrapping paper in the fall, and this year they took pledges for picking up trash around the town. The middle school collected money donations and I am not sure what the other one was. My son sold subs for t-ball, my husbands National Guard unit sold subs twice this year, and My oldest son did a pizza sale for football and a fund raiser for next years football. I am so sick of fundraisers. I usually get stuck with doing the asking. I just wonder what else I will have to sell for my kids this year.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
We usually have several at school, one for the grade level and one for the FFA and one for basketball. We have one for summer league softball and the youth group at church does lots of bake sales throughout the year. I agree with BaronMom, I always wonder what "I" will be selling next.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We have 1 only. But next year, with the 4 boys all going to different schools!!!!:toothy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts