Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there...after becoming vegan last year for 3 months I stopped because of poor planning issues...which switching back to the regular way of eating made me sick for about 6-8 weeks...I decided to go back to eating no meat...and have started out as vegetarian...I use cheese once in a while but drink almond and soy milk. I use vegan cheese most of the time. I live in a small town about 7000 people and as you can imagine vegetarian goods or vegan items are hard to come by...do you have any websites to recommend for recipes and the like? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I'm not a vegetariam but eat veggie meals regularly. My favorite site is Oh she glows.
Lots of recipes there.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I was vegan for awhile and lacto/ovo vegetarian for a few years. Couldn't keep weight on or maintain enough muscle mass for the sports I was doing. Now, I eat organic, limit meat, and still eat lots of fruit, veggies, nuts & seeds.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I am vegan. I sympathize with the small town issue. DW and I live in an area where we are the *only* vegans. Not much support, and very little dining out. But the grocery stores are well stocked. Remember that everything in the produce section is vegan.

Our last home was a vegan paradise. One of our neighbours was Bryanna Clark Grogan. She is a vegan chef and cookbook author who is very generous with her recipes. She specializes in inventing vegan versions of existing recipes.

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
We eat very little meat, mainly for health reasons. I do not trust raw meat bought from the grocery store. I will eat meat my neighbors have raised or hunted.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Fat Free Vegan and Vegan Yum Yum

Reactions: Sophiasmama

·
Registered
209 Posts
I don't like meat and greatly prefer a mostly vegetarian diet. I like fish. I tolerate chicken. I won't eat pork at all, and I rarely eat beef. But many of the less expensive vegetarian protein sources are also very high in potassium, which my DH has to strictly limit, and it is recommended that he get the majority of protein from meat since he is also on a protein restriction. So we eat vegetarian meals sometimes, but usually there is some amount of chicken or fish as well.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I did the vegetarian thing for a short time but it wasn't working out for me. I would like to cut way back on meat consumption. I rarely eat any meat besides seafood and chicken. I am still considering going back to vegetarianism.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts