Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone willing to share how many inches around the waist they expanded during pregnancy? I'm 29 weeks along and have gained a total of 15 inches so far. I don't know what the "average" would be, but that seems like a lot of inches to me. So anyone else have a number to throw out here?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I never measured, honestly.

Before I had my first daughter I was a size 6... then I went to a size 11 by the end of it (I refused to buy maternity clothes).

Then with my other kids I just wore my regular size 10 jeans until the 8th month (when they wouldn't button-- that's when I finally caved in and got maternity skirts).

I just went by the sizes of my pants. I never measured my belly. :)

I wouldn't worry about it though. Pregnancy is beautiful.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I never measured my waist neither. Afraid to admit but with my first child I gained 100 pounds, so had the wrong attitude that pregnancy, my motto then was I am gonna get fat so might as well enjoy it, so if I wanted a big piece of cake for breakfast I had it. Though alot of what I gained went in my chest...went from a Acup to a FF. with the other 3 kids I gained around 20 pounds.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I never measured my waist neither. Afraid to admit but with my first child I gained 100 pounds, so had the wrong attitude that pregnancy, my motto then was I am gonna get fat so might as well enjoy it, so if I wanted a big piece of cake for breakfast I had it. Though alot of what I gained went in my chest...went from a Acup to a FF. with the other 3 kids I gained around 20 pounds.
I was exactly the same way! With my first daughter I gained 60.. which is still considered normal and healthy... but I was going to buffet three times a week and I gained 10lbs a month for 3 months. I didn't think anything of it. I was told, when i was younger, that all weight gain is healthy because it means that your baby is healthy and comfortable. But what they failed to mention is that too much weight can also cause diabetes, stressful delivery, health issues in the baby before it's born, increases the chance of post partum depression.... a whole slew of crap.

So, with my other pregnancies I ate healthy. I completely cut out fast food (which was tough) and only ate steamed veggies, and grilled meats. nothing was fried or overly saturated in fats. And I only gained 24lbs. with each pregnancy after that. ... I swear those last pregnancies were the healthiest I've been in my life.

I wouldn't worry about gaining weight in pregnancy as long as it's healthy weight. As for the stretching out just make sure to slather vitamin E lotion on all your parts (belly, boobs, bum, thighs, etc.)

=D

·
8,714 Posts
~I never measured my belly either. Too depressing, I guess! I gained 35lbs with each of my pregnancies. Maybe your munchkin is all stretched out!~

·
Registered
814 Posts
I never measured, but I got HUGE both times!! :) I gained 50 lbs the first pregnancy and 32 the second (eating EXTREMELY healthy foods, little/no bad stuff)... my body just likes to be big and pregnant and have BIG babies! (9lb9oz and 10lb1oz hehe)

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I gained 30 pounds in each of my last two pregnancies. I gained more than that the first time but I can't remember how much. As for inches I did measure but I can't remember the number now. For Imogen (newest daughter) it was a lot because she was all in front. I seriously looked like I stuffed a basketball in my shirt. ;)

Just take care of yourself and don't stress over weight or inches too much! :hugz:

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
I never measured either...

I gained 60 pounds with my daughter who was 9 lbs 15 oz. I gained 50 pounds with my son who was 9 lbs 6 oz, and with the baby, I gained 45 pounds and he was 8 lbs 11 oz. What's funny is that I lost the baby weight from the other two right away. With the baby, where I gained the least weight, it's where I've struggled the most to lose the weight. Crazy! At least the babies got smaller as we went! :)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I never measured but wish I did.
I was HUGE!!!!!! I was measuring 42 weeks when I was just 24 week along I was having triplets BUT still I WAS HUGE and looked full term when I was only 1/2 way along.. But I never did measure and see how big my belly was I just know it was massive.....I did only gain 12 pounds but my belly did expand!!!

I am sure you look great.
Eileen

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I never measured either, but I gained 50lbs with my DD who is my last, she weighed 8lbs 13oz. and for me that's pretty big since I am small framed.

My oldest DS I gained maybe 30-35 lbs, he weighed 7lbs, 1oz.
Middle DS I gained about the same as my other DS and he weighed 8lbs. 5 oz.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm full term right now (just over 38 weeks) and my belly has grown about 19 inches!!! I'm ALL out in front, you can't tell from the back that I'm pregnant at all. It looks like I stuffed a BEACH BALL up my shirt. It's HILARIOUS. I've eaten very healthy and been very active the entire time, and haven't gained anything other than the BELLY which is about 25 - 30 lbs total.

Mind you, I did just find out today through an ultrasound that my "little guy" is already 10 lbs 6 oz, give or take a pound. YEESH!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I never measured either, but my fundal height at the end of my third pregnancy measured something like 49 or 50 (should have been around 38-40)... Granted I was big (weight wise) to begin with, but I was miserable... The McCauleys were having her seven babies and she was measuring like 57 at 30 some weeks... I knew exactly how she was feeling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts