Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I had my hair cut 2 times. I wear my hair on the long side and keep it in a pony tail most of the time. I know hair dressers say every 4-6 weeks you should have your hair trimmed. I am going on 4 months since my last hair cut and I am thinking of having it cut again. It only costs me $15 to have it trimmed and that's with tip. I was just wondering if anyone else waits a long time between hair cuts?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I usually don't wait on purpose but find that some time has already gone by. I'm seeing if I can make it to the looong layered look without chopping it off. Because it's so layered it requires more maintenance right now, so when the layers get fussy I have to get it cut. I probably go 2-3 months.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Speaking from the cosmetologist point of view LOL... I tell my clients, every 6 - 8 weeks.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I go about 8 weeks and then I can't stand it and have to have it cut.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I get mine cut every 8 weeks. My hair grows really quick so if I wait any longer, I look pretty shaggy

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have curly/wavy hair so I am able to cut my own bangs because to tell you the truth you can not tell even when I mess up. I really should get my haircut every 2-3 months but I push it to 4 months because after my husband and son get their haircut there isn't the extra for me. I don't mind that much because they need the haircut more than me. My mother trims my DD's hair. My dd has long hair so my mother does a good job cutting it.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I get mine trimmed about every 2 1/2-3 months. I use a flat iron on mine almost daily and like to get the damaged ends cut off.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Pish. Sometimes I go YEARS in between cuts.
Why would I have it trimmed every 4-6 (or 6-8wks)? I want it to GROW. I don't want the length that has taken 4-8 weeks to grow to be chopped off?!

The only time I would ever think of going more often than a few times a year is if I had a very short 'do and intended on keeping it that way.

I never do that though. I get it cut short, then let it grow long. It's a cycle lol.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I go every 5 weeks for a snip(My hair is shoulder length) and color.God Bless my cosmetologist. She can make any stray grays disappear.Even the ones on the back of my head that I can't see.Which is why I will never do my own.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I don't know why, but I hate going to have my hair cut. I get it done twice a year.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I go about 2-3 months between trims. I have let my hair grow out in one length (except for bangs) & it seems to be alot easier to care for than when I had layers. I feather my bangs & dh trims the back.Its down to my hips & one side seems to grow out thicker & faster than the rest of it.lol.so I have to stay on top of it to keep it even.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I usually go maybe twice a year, My hair is all one length and I want it to keep growing longer, lol. I usually just have it trimmed anyways.

·
4,028 Posts
I was getting a trim every 2-3 years! I just had a 16 inch ponytail cut off and now have a shoulder length style. I probably won't have it cut again until I can grow another 12+ ponytail. Locks of Love is a great site to visit if any other long haired children/women are ever interested in donating their hair to chemo recipients.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I cant even remember the last time I got my hair cut but i would say its close to 5 years now. LOL

·
Registered
191 Posts
every couple of years, but when i do i end up getting it chopped off which defeats the purpose of growing it out.

my friend and i want to get spiral perms together so we are now motivating each other to not go get our hair chopped off.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Usually every 2 years.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Every 6 to 8 weeks, cut and color. I used to do it at home but I am getting so much gray that I prefer to have my hair made more multi dimensional and I love foiling for that so I go to the salon for it.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
I don't get my hair "trimmed." When it's looking straggly (like now!) I go and get several inches cut off. Unfortunately what I get cut off is never enough to donate. I get a cut probably once every 6-8 months.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Mine doesn't grow long enough either.
Just heavy and scraggly.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts