Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been re-reading my Tightwad Gazette and was wondering if any of you have tried the Keeper or Diva cup in place of tampons?
Last year I stockpiled on tampons and had enough to last me a year, I am down to one more box and was thinking about trying this product. I have seen one on the internet selling for around $20, thinking this would be another was of simplifying and becoming more enviromentally active. I know that some of you make your own sanitary napkins, I have used tampons since I was 15 and only used napkins when I had to...not a big fan. Figuring with a $20 initial purchase for an item that will last 10 years, this would be a great savings also. I just am curious if anyone has tried it and if they are happy with it, or had any problems?

For those of you ..who are curious. Here is the link http://www.luckyvitamin.com/857538000022.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been using the Keeper for 7 years now and would not go back to tampons :). It's very convenient---no risk of toxic shock and a pretty large capacity, so it doesn't have to be emptied and cleaned more than a few times a day. I do have to wear a pad with it as well, but I had to do that with tampons too.

It's a little tricky to learn and to get in correctly, but not terribly difficult. I'm certainly pleased with it.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I loved mine . . . used it for a couple of years, then had a hysterectomy. I haven't convinced my 17 yo daughter to try it, though.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Here's the thread I started about it. There's a few people that use either the Keeper or the Diva cup.

$20 is a great deal! I got my Keeper for $40 (with shipping). I got it seriously the day after my period stopped so I haven't had a chance to use it yet. Gotta wait other month. haha.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the redirect Tammi, I didn't even see it. Funny how we are thinking alike... and I'm sold, as soon as I get an extra $20 I'm buying one.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Awesome. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts