Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, it's only knitting. And I like to have the following categories/projects:

1. One or two projects that are pretty easy -- a sock, for example, to work on while the kids' are doing schoolwork. I sit beside them and knit till they need help.
  2. At least two simple travel projects. These live in my knitting bag and get worked on while I'm on the bus; waiting for appointments; etc.
  3. One or two projects that take a bit of concentration. (counting stitches or reading patterns or something else that takes some focus.)

Sometimes I run into problems with my portable projects, so I like to have more than one along. For example, picking up stitches after the heel turn on a sock is not the sort of thing I can easily do on a bus.

I guess, then, I'll allow myself up to 6 projects: 2 schoolwork; 2 portable; 2 focus.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Right now I only have a scarf (part of DD's Yule gift).

I have so many projects ahead of me this year that I was afraid I would fall behind if I didn't slow down and focus on one thing at a time... if that makes sense...
:knit:

Reactions: Early Bird

·
19,119 Posts
Aloha Early Bird,

Your organization is remarkable!! I have no ideas how many projects I have going?! Perhaps that is part of the problem.... I have one major quilting project - a queen size Hawaiian quilt that I would really like to finish appliqueing this year.

As for my sewing room - it's full of crafts to finish. Tomorrow I have planned to spend some time there.

Glad you started this thread - will help me to focus. Like you, I enjoy having hand work to travel with me.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the ideas!!

:cheergrl:

Reactions: Early Bird

·
Registered
50 Posts
hmmm projects in progress. Hats ,scarves, mittens to be donated. Always in progress, 1 quilt, zipper purse and change purse , Need to do socks for grandson and a pair of pjs for his wear pj's to school
toooooooooooo many projects lol

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I don't usually have more than 2 or 3 going. Right now I have dd's blanket, I also cast on a shrug for her last night, and I have a sock that is probably going to be frogged (too big).

My only "rule" is one pair of socks at a time. I like knitting them too much to have to choose between which ones to work on at the moment. So I have one pair, I enjoy knitting them...BOTH of them, then I move on to the next pair.

However, I haven't knit a pair of socks (not counting the slippers I made for the boys) since before Christmas. I'm suffering withdrawals.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Scrap rug, knitted purse, taking apart a sweater, slippers....I think that is it?!

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I usually have a number of projects going on at once, in different techniques. Right now, I'm working on a seed stitch beaded bracelet. I have a crocheted blanket that is taking forever. One latch-hook rug. One knitted sweater. A knitted scarf and a knitted purse are both new, part of some classes I'm taking to learn new techniques. And I just bought yarn to make some socks. :)

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Weeeelll...in the end of February I had a count of 33 projects started and not finished. I'm down 7 now, so that would leave me at 26 projects left to finish. I'm working on them one by one. My goal is to finish them all this year...that's 3-4 projects a month.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Too many to admit to! :sigh:

At present I have sewing/quilting, knitting and crochet projects underway. I'm the type who likes to have a variety of projects to work on :jug:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
just the one. i dont want to get too ambitious:grad:

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
I made a dish cloth last night knit but otherwise Im working on the afghan.
i want to sew some Easter prim(maybe eggs) in the next week or so plus I have a queen set of sheets dk burgundy I want to cut up for a rag wreath. But want some denim or dk green to go into for xmas one.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm halfway through a pair of knitted socks for dd,
2/3 way through a cross-stitch that I've been working on for 2+years,
Almost finished making my homemade pads,
Have to weave ends in on some dishcloths
Have to sew some knitted flowers onto a baby dress.

I think that's it right now.

Oh no, it's not.
I have a Christmas stocking started (cross-stitch)
and scrapbooking coming out my ears.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I always have 3-4 projects going at once that way if I get bored with something I can work on somthing else....I usually end up finishing all of them at once!!!!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have crocheting bathroom rugs, crocheting a scrappy-ghan, hand stitching a quilt, and making jewelry. There's probably a cross stitch something in a bag somewhere. I am focused on crocheting right now. I go through phases.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Finish star baby afghan March
Finish Kateras afghan April
Make 12 8" squares Fo charity April
Make 12 12" squares for 4 grandsons afghans April

change jar 57.72

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
In knitting I have 3 or 4 dishcloths in the works. For sewing, I have a sock monkey waiting to be finished. In quilting I just have Lauren's quilt to quilt.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hopefully finishing a pink 19mo. size baby sweater this week, then onto a blanket that needs more work. Also have a big afghan going, and another baby sweater. Try to have something on hand for granny squares as my quick and easy project. All these are crochet, but I need to get some cards done too...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a dishcloth, a pastel, easter scarf, a rabbitohs scarf (red and green) and my scrap scarf, which I am continually adding to.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts