Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't carry a purse, but own only one cheapie. I use a carry bag for family outings though.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Oh I love my purses!!! I am so addicted to getting new ones when I see one I really like :)

I have 9 purses, 1 big black tote bag and 2 backpacks. One backpack is a leather smaller purse type one and one back pack is a leather regular sized one we use as a diaperbag/purse when we go out.

I love denim handbags lately, and I also have to have purses in colors to match the basics..white, brown, black, tan ....

I saw THE cutest olive green courdoury purse in Macy's retailing for about 35$ and it looks sooo simple to make on my own! So I'm hoping to make that a project in the near future...maybe just in a different color though...

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
I have one!!...I use it until it will almost fall apart before getting a new one...I have a hard time finding one's I like.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I have a hard time finding ones that I really like, too. I have a denim purse right now that I'll carry until the baby comes. Then I have a big black purse that is going to double as a diaper bag. I think I have about 3 spare purses as well, just for a change every now and then. :D

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I'm like Heather.... I love purses and bags and I have way too many!! Malcom jokes me about this all the time.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
How many purses do you own?
:laugh: :laugh:

The question should be how many that I own do I use? :D

I probably have 20-25 and use 2! :crackup:

·
27,948 Posts
I have 2 one for spring/summer & one for Fall/winter,lol. I don't like to carry a purse (what a pain!)& usually wear a shirt/jacket with pockets that button closed and carry cc and money in that.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I own 3. A small one I carry daily and then 2 larger ones for when I need more room.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I have 1 and I use it until it is ready to fall apart. Always have a hard time finding a new one.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Two. One black and one brown.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see bags and purses that I really would like all the time. The thing is that I know me and I wouldn't use them. I don't like carrying a purse at all. I think I am more of a clutch/handbag type, but even those I don't carry. I place all my cards/cash in my card holder. If I need my checkbook, then I use my checkbook wallet and carry that.
Not sure why I am like this because my mom had so many purses and shoes that it was truly outta control. I think she carried half of what she owned. I'd need something on wheels to be able to take everything she had in her purse. lol

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I have about 5 of them. I have 2 or 3 black ones, a navy one, a burgandy one, and a thing I guess I can call a purse, but it really just is a wallet with a date book attached to it. I am using a 9 west purse that I got on ebay right now. I will probably use it until it falls apart. (I had a Liz Claiborne that I got at a consignment shop that I used until it started to look shabby.) I never buy expensive purses. I always get them at consignment shops. Why pay retail for something I can get for a whole lot less. That is the only way I can get name brand stuff like that.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Bunches and Bunches, it was one of my weaknesses. I never pay a lot for them, I get them at garage sales or thrift stores or as gifts. My favorite right now is a great black leather bag that my sister Robin got for me, I love it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I have 3- the one I use right now is small and more like an organizer- there's one compartment for CC's, licence, a notepad and calculator. The other compartment has 3 separate sections for money, make up and whatever.

I have a big leather one that's great for going to the movies with to stash a bunch of food in it

Then I have another one that I really don't use ever, but dh insisted on buying it for me a few years ago at Bike Week. It's like a leather box sort of thing that clips onto your belt. It's cool, but I just don't use it.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i have at least 8 but i get most a yard sales or really cheap on sale..the one i use now is black(leather?) and was 50 cents..i got a nother black one at a yard sale for $!.00, it has a basketweave pattern.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I have one black leather one, there is a fold over flap and has 2 zippered compartments, nice size. In the summer I usually have a big bag in the van to throw stuff in like my wallet, snacks, wipes, kleenex etc.......and then just pull out my wallet and take it in the store if I need anything.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I own probably 6, but right now I rarely carry one- it's usually just my wallet and cell phone tucked into a pocket of the diaper bag!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I have two both are Dooney and Burke, one for spring and summer the other for Fall & Winter. Got them for my birthday a few years ago from Mother. I could never afford $200.00 for a purse. They have held up well over the years and show no sign of needing replacing.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
My mom gives me my purses...she buys one every 3 months! lol So she gives her purses away to my sister, my aunts, etc...but I had my purse for 3 years, until a month ago when I found a leather, burgundy purse, which I was told was an expensive purse. I bought it at a thrift store for .50 cents. It's an *Etienne Aigner*...anyone know that name?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts