Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent about an hour researching frugal sites as is my want and I had an AHAAAA moment!

Now, for the most part, I try to maintain my frugal behavior and utilize the information that I've learned....but there have been times when I've run--NOT WALKED to the closest NON-FRUGAL exit. KWIM?

What was my AHAAA moment? Well...If I looked at my "at home expenditures" as my "PAYCHECK" rather than as expenses, I may be more inclined to waste less. Basically, run my home like a business and the savings become my profit.

I'm sure others here have already reached this level of frugality, but recall I am relatively new to the frugal life.

So....How many of you ladies treat your home as a business?

if so....What has been your best paycheck to date?
:D

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's amazing what a change in thinking can bring about, isnt' it?

Every little action counts and eventually adds up!

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I know some who consider themselves the CEO of their family. They even have quarterly financial meetings to update on their goals, progress and such.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I think it is a great idea!! I have always thought of it this way, I am a stay at home and feel blessed to be here with and for my kids while DH is trucking up and down the highways all week.....he works very hard and I try to think of it this way...when I see something I WANT (not need) I figure in my head how many miles must DH drive to pay for my impulse!! Works like a charm! (most of the time ;) )

·
Registered
895 Posts
I have a book I've put off reading titled " Becoming A Chief Home Officer". I think I'll get it down and finally read it. :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've been looking at the savings, freebies, surveys, and frugalities that I do as my "income" for about a year. It's made a big difference in how I see myself. So far this year, since I've been tracking, my biggest month for my personal income was February, which saw an unprecedented 427.59. I usually average about 150.00 a month, give or take about 20.00.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Thanks for giving me a lightbulb moment! That makes so much sense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts