Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I've said in previous posts, I've been watching a lot of the Food Network, lately. It's been making me think that I would like to have a television in (or near) the kitchen. Our tvs are in my bedroom, in the basement and in ds2's room (because his room used to be the playroom and we just haven't moved that out yet).

I know quite a few people who have televisions in their kitchens, and that got me thinking that I wondered where people had their tvs.

We don't have cable hook up on the floor where the kitchen is. Our home is a split with 4 levels, so the weird configuration makes it difficult.

Anyway, where are your tv's?

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
we only have two.

one is in the office/playroom, the other is a small t.v. in our bedroom.

there's an extra in the basement, but it's big & bulky, and we don't want another in the house, so it's just hanging out down there til one breaks - or someone needs a tv.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
1 in our bedroom
1 in DD's bedroom
2 in DS's bedroom
1 in Front living room
1 in Back living room
1 in Kitchen

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Ugh, every room, but the kitchen.

<< horrible parent. My kids all have Dish in their rooms.

So three there..one in the living room..and our bedroom..

So six.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Our main one is in the family room...which is one big room with the kitchen/eating area. So I can see/hear it from the kitchen.
One in the master bedroom
Small one in my sewing room

When the kids were home....we only had one 19" TV.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
One in our living room.

One in our basement aka 'Mantana' -- this allows hubby to play his xbox without taking over the t.v.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
embarassed to admit this, but,
1 lrg scrn HDtv IN BSMNT/playroom
1 on porch
1 in dss room
1 in dd room
1 in front ofc
1 in mstr bdrm
all have time warner on them also! craziness....

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
we have 4. one each bedroom and one living room.

·
Registered
984 Posts
One in the livingroom
one in the kids room
one in our room
a small under the cabinet one in the kitchen that absolutly gets the most use by me. I cook and watch the news etc. in the evenings and the mornings when I amn making lunches and breakfast etc.
There is also a big screen in the man cave (garage) . It was given to dh free by our old neighbor who couldnt fix it and was moving. Dh gutted it , found the problen and fixed it with a 4.00 fuse about 6 years ago.

·
19,119 Posts
One in the family room downstairs.
One in the LR upstairs that can easily be seen from the kitchen and I love it that way!!

We eliminated TVs in the bedrooms years ago and have always ben happy with that decision!!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
2..one in theliving room and one in the master bedroom. We rarely watch the one in the bedroom so we are considering moving it to the living room...so then we would only have one.

·
Registered
339 Posts
we had 4 this time last year..but we moved the bedrooms back down stairs and returned to boxes..so now its just our room and the living room..the kids no longer have tvs..they dont need them in their room this young (jmo) they are 2 n 5 =) they had them but the oldest misbehaved to much w/ turning it on and turning the sound down when its was supposed to be off..lol

but we still have 4 tvs

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
we have 3...a 52'' in the living room, a 25'' in our bedroom and a 13'' is dd's room

·
Registered
867 Posts
um...

Big screen in the living room-1
Each bedroom has a TV-3
TV in the SUV-1

We used to have a TV in the kitchen, but then everyone was always in there eating a snack and watching TV!!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
We have 1 small, no frills TV and VCR in our living room. We all watch TV/tapes together, it's a family affair.

Our oldest son has a small TV he was given by someone as a gift so he could play his video games in his room. It does not get any reception, so no TV watching. It's rarely used.

And 1 very small TV that was given to us when my Aunt died a decade ago. It still works, but we don't use it. We had hoped that it would work with our youngest son's Zone 40 wireless gaming system, but the TV is just too old and it can't be hooked up to it. I don't know why we keep it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts