Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few more hrs left on valentine's day....

so how much did the day set you back..? how much did you spend for the occassion....?

dh & I decided to just stay home, in our jammies, parked in front of the tv (& puter of course) and just eat what we had in the house...

so for us....ZERO......weehee.....:cheergrl:

Reactions: NewLeaf

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
$319.54.

We bought two ceiling fans to replace the old crappy ones that hung too low in the living room. We bought two MATCHING flush mount fans, so now we'll be able to use the elliptical machine without the fan blades thwapping me in the head repeatedly.

How romantic, eh?

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
$2.50 for a card for DH and about $8 for cards for our nieces, a pkg of stickers for all, and a card for DH's sister/husband (parents to the kids).

Judi

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Not much at all. Valentine's is not a holiday we really spend much on.
Gave each kid $20 and some candy. They're teenagers and happy as can be with a little cash.

Total - $50

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
$5.49 total

·
2,688 Posts
Zero...
unless you want to count the $ 9.85 pork loin roast bought at
$ 1.99 a pound that went into the oven as one big roast. I was going to break it down into 2 or 3 small ones, but hubby wanted leftovers to make sandwiches for the next couple of days.
I guess I'm a pushover if I don't have to cook for a couple of other meals this week. And less dishes too....I sure hope so.

·
Registered
629 Posts
$6 for a box of candy for dz cuz he's a baby and $3 for the kids' boxes of chocolates. :) This nonsense holiday drives me nuts...

I MEAN, Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

-Vanessa

·
Registered
719 Posts
$25 for a very nice meal cooked at home complete with homemade chocolate covered strawberries :D

·
19,119 Posts
Interesting question svs.

We spent $36 for breakfast.
Dh spent $20 on cards and a rose.
$20 to DD plus $4 for a pattern for her scrub top
$30 for VD exchange
$15 for preschool goodies

Total is $125 - my that does mount up fast, but it was spread over time and all in cash, so that works for me. And it was all worth it!!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
About $20.00 for cards, a meal out, and homemade red velvet whoopie cakes and chocolate covered strawberries

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
$6.00. :d

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Lets see. Hubby and i went to lunch yesterdayhad a BOGO chinese food. Of course i had to be carefull what i ate. $12.68 total
Hubby always buys me roses, but this year i said no way. Had to get a new hard drive for my laptop.$80.00. He didn't want anything. Found a pair of Hot topic red and black boots for DD these are around $120 new. Got them for $8.99 so she was thrilled!Bought those at GW.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I got DH about $30 worth of stuff (all practical) and he did the same for me. I didn't want the kids having a bunch of candy so we got them lattes (our holiday "snack")

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
$0.00. Same for DH.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Dinner out Friday was about $30. We spent today at home together. Valentine's is not a big day for us, we celebrate our love all year long.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Lets see huge tree came down at the new house wrecking part of the fence . Our chainsaw died last month so dh valentines present a new chainsaw 300.00 i said Happy valentines day lol 5.00 for 2 bags of valentine m&m gave them to my 2 single sons in reused gift bags and tissue from last year. for me a new pocketbook tj max 22.00 reduced 5x and a bag of herseheys special dark kisses 2.00 on sale. no cards But the most romantic was the burger king lunch which dh and I ate in the truck because I refused to get out with paint all thru my hair after a day of applying Killz to every surface in the house Now thats romantic lol

·
8,714 Posts
~We don't do Valentine's Day either so no money was spent on it. But I did spend $20 on cookies and desserts to take over to my family's impromptu family reunion.~

1 - 20 of 56 Posts