Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DD#1 has her first loose tooth and I have no clue how much the tooth fairy is paying these days... any one have suggestions??

DD is 5 1/2and she thinks it is worth $10.00!! lol!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Our fairy pays £1 (I have NO idea how much that is in your money, so I'm probably not very helpful LOL)

Anyway mummy thinks the fairy is excessive and wants a refund LOL.

I have to write thank you letters too! ;)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
We always did a dollar when the kiddos were little, but some of my friends leave $5 for their kids now. Inflation has even hit the Tooth Fairie, LOL.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
We usually do a $1.00.

·
27,948 Posts
I think $1.00 is a good amount too!

·
Registered
593 Posts
we do 5.00 here...i know a bit much..but they only lose their teeth once..lol

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
We do $1...maybe $2 depends what mood the tooth fairy is in lol

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
WOW!!

My tooth fairy is cheap (and she is not changing)

5 bucks a tooth thats at least 40.00 for the mouth!!:surprise:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
$5 x 20 baby teeth is $100! I think $1 is plenty.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
1.00 here...though my BIL used to pay out 5.oo that's before he changed jobs and makes less. Toooooo rich for my blood!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
mine usually got $1.00. I know someone that went to leave their son a dollar for his tooth, and accidently left a $20. He just about fainted when his son came running out and told him what he got. Imagine that. Trying to explain to your son why one tooth is worth $20, and the others are only worth $1.00

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I gave $1.00 20 years ago to ds, and even now it's still $1.00......

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
$1 per tooth here.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
$1 per tooth is what we were doing until we couldn't explain why the tooth fairy was leaving some kids in her class $2 per tooth.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
$5 for the very first tooth & $1 for each additional...

No kidding - in one week between Belle & Renee (& the one lone baby tooth Will had), we were out $11 - I still think the girls were conspiring against us! :skept:

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I guess most people are doing the $5 thing but I still used the quarter in a little fairy pillow I made along time ago til the kids got old enough to want to spend it - now they get $1. Thats plenty for a tooth I think - Course I don't pay for grades or chores either. Special jobs yes.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I'm 23 now, and I used to get paid 50 cents. I had one of those little pillows with the pocket too. How cute were those! I don't remember where mine came from. I remember once when I spent the night with a friend I lost a tooth and I got a $1 at her house...LOL.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts