Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on housekeeping? I think I probably spend an average of 2 hours per day....including the reg. picking and putting up and then the daily cleaning that I have to do. I rarely clean my whole house in a day anymore, I chop it up into smaller bites. How do you do your's? Today I'm cleaning a bedroom and the laundry room, for instance.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I would say 2-3 hours .... when your cleaning up though it doesnt seem that long, lol

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I spend about 30 minutes a day. My DD does all dishes. My DS does all trash. Dh does all laundry. Both kids care for the animals and take care of all animal related tasks. As far as vacuuming, sweeping and dusting - that is something that is regularly delegated to DD & DS. Depending on whose turn it is to do what, as they both love to mop and neither likes to vacuum. They only spend about 30 minutes a day each doing their chores. DH usually does 2-3 loads of laundry per day, one before he goes to work and the rest when he gets home. My duties around the house include all meal preparation and folding / hanging clean clothes and doing the majority of teaching school lessons to the kids.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Basically, about 2 hours. But, it seems like I ought to be spending some more on it.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I would say probably 1-2 hours a day. I also break it up like you, Lisa. I don't like the cleaning marathons. I do have one if I have guests for any length of time.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I don't like housework, I've just decided. I should spend a couple hours a day, but it really varies. I try to keep things generally picked up, before hubby comes home and before I go to bed at night. I do 1-2 loads of laundry a day, cook supper every day, and pick up the kitchen regularily. What I SHOULD do is actually scrub down the bathrooms more often! Oh, well.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Depending on the day, 1-2 hours. I rarely clean the whole house at one time either. I clean a room or two a day and do a load or two of laundry.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
I do quick pick ups during the week after work, most of the heavy cleaning is on the weekend!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I am sure, that when the house is done it will be a couple of hours a day, but right now it's only here and there, maybe an hour.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I would say daily about an hour, but on thursday night I really get down to bussiness and try to get everything done...before my weekend begins.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I would say I do about 3-4 hours a day. That includes laundry, picking up, cleaning up and clearing out. I de-clutter daily. I am a neat freak though so I might be the extreme. I like a neat, orderly home. That's just me though.
I guess I should add that I have 3 boys who don't know how to pick up after themselves. :) Include DH and I have 4 boys.

·
8,714 Posts
~About 3 hours a day of picking up, laundry and meal preperation. Once a week I do the vacuuming, mopping and dusting that takes about 1.5 hours. I did less than an hour a day before I had kids.~

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
Right now my house is a disaster, 2 kids under 18 mos and one in the belly, I am exhausted after work, so mon-fri it's about an hour and 1/2 each day (dishes, vac, tables etc.) then about 3-4 hours per day on the weekends.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
A couple of hours each day. I also prefer to do a little each day rather than a marathon. Meal preparation varies depending on my mood. Dh is generally out of town and I like doing Once A Week Cooking. I do a lot of baking and freezing. I have a cherry pie in the oven right now.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Around an hour per day I guess. Of course it's never enough is it? If I spent 3 hours a day, I'd still not finish. It doesn't take us long to just pick up then we clean on the weekends.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I would say anywhere between 1-2 hours a day, and I try to do it all in the mornings while I've still got steam, LOL.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I stay home and have no children at home and still spend about 2 hours every day cleaning up. :tubby3:

·
Registered
895 Posts
As little as possible. :lol:

No really 1-1.5 hours a day. My marathon days are over. My back can't take it anymore. Plus I use the Motivated Moms planner for chores and daily tasks. It keeps the house presentable and on the days I feel I can do more, I do and on the days I don't want to do anything, I don't. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts