Frugal Village Forums banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
about a load a day, on average....somedays none at all, somedays, like today, I did 4 loads
me too. today was one load, tomorrow will be much more.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
There is only two of us and we usually do 2 loads twice a week.

Cat

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I used to do a ton of laundry before. Now I do it when we need it. ODS has a habit of bedwetting and it's sporadic. I usually do laundry once a week if it doesn't happen.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I do laundry once a week only because we have a little one now and I need Vic to sit with her while I go back & forth to the laundry room. We live in a complex and it really works out that Vic has off Mon & Tues cause I can go when it's not busy and monopolize the 2 washers & dryers for the 4-5 loads we have. I can't wait till we have our own house with a washer/dryer in the house...

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
every other day (for only 2 of us) coz i have a thing about dirty laundry (part of my OCD problem)...dirty clothes in the basket make me crazy.... but i have realized (after reading this site) how wasteful i am being with the water & electricity...(i can't say my time because i am probably one of the only ones in the world that doesn't mind doing the laundry) nothing feels better than having it all clean...but i do hate to put it away...

anyway...i do have a new high-efficiency front loader but i see the error of my ways....and i will go to once a week.... it'll be very stressful though.... i guess i will have to hide the basket from myself.... and i will start hanging it...

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
about once a week. i need more bras and jeans. then i might be able to do it every week-and-a-half or :: crosses fingers :: two.

·
Registered
92 Posts
1-2 loads a day, more during cross-country/football season.

(Family of 5, 2 1/2 teenagers, 1 adult, 1 8-year-old girl)

·
Registered
8,036 Posts
One of the joys of living alone. I do laundry when everything gets dirty - about once every three weeks. I go to the apartment laundry room and do it all simultaneously, usually about 4 loads. It takes me about an hour and a half. Sometimes I will do a little handwash about part way through if necessary.

·
Registered
197 Posts
everyday at least 2 loads I hate dirty clothes laying around or in baskets so when we have enought for a load then done.also my kids come home to do any dirty clothes they have Gotta love them

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Once a week. Have about 4 loads. I hang dry my clothes. I would dry the dark clothes for about 10 minutes because it would have some lint on them, than my dryer broke. Bought three lint removers and take the lint off that way. Do miss the dryer a little bit because when hanging the towels I have them drapped all over the place. The towels were about the only thing I would use my dryer for.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I do laundry once or twice a week, depending on dh getting his laundry into the kitchen, usually Sunday or Monday. I use my dryer now since a freak wind destroyed my clothes line.

On laundry day, I have 2 loads of sheets, 2 loads of towels, whites, lights, darks, dh work clothes, occasionally rugs.

Once or twice a year I do curtains, blankets, and mattress covers. also bedspreads/comforters (these usually go to laundramat)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Every stinkin' day!!!!! I never seem to catch up!!
I do it every day also. I used to feel like you until I just came to terms with the fact it is never done, never caught up on and never will be. You know that saying about two things you can always count on.... I say it's three....Death, Taxes and LAUNDRY. Really now how could it ever be done? Only Managed:jug:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I try to do one load a day to keep up. I work and hate to spend my weekends tied at home to finish the laundry. I have a rack above the washer dryer and hang up most of DD age 2 clothing there and most of my clothing and my husbands work shirts I dry hanging on hangers in my bathroom.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
too often!!

41 - 60 of 61 Posts