Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or sheets, comforters? Do you own more than one set to rotate or change for seasons?

·
27,948 Posts
I have about 2 sets of sheets for each bed and everything else stays the same until it wears out or I get sick of looking at it ,lol. I used to change the spread for the seasons but have one on my bed that my sis gave me so it stays year round.
How about you Sara?

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I'm a cheapo when it comes to bedding. :eek: I have 2 very expensive sets of sheets for our bed. I change the pillows when they become flat and uncomfortable. The quilt I have on our bed is 16 years old. It was the first quilt I made. It needs new binding, which I plan on doing this winter.

For the kids beds, I have one set of sheets, and 2 extra bottom sheets for when I wash or if they get sick. They better not all get sick at once. The kids don't use top sheets. They each have 2 quilts each, all of them made within the last 2 years. I usually purchase pillows for them much sooner than for us.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Yes, Sara, tell them how often you change your pillows :toothy: :laugh:

I rarely change any of my bedding. I use it till it's worn out or until I can't stand it any more.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I have 3 comforter sets for our bed that I change out.And lots of quilts made by Steve's grandmother...I replace Steve's pillow when he asks,but mine hasn't been replaced in I couldn't tell you when.I like my pillow :toothy:

The kids have at least 2 sheets sets to change out and quilts made by Steve's grandmother.

We have probably 20 quilts made by his grandmother.She gives us one every year for christmas and some throughout the year when we visit. I love the quilts she makes :D

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I haven't bought new pillows in a couple of years. We have new bedroom stuff and will probably use it for quite a while. DD got a new bed and bedroom stuff a year and a half ago. She will use that stuff for a long time, too.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I usually have more than one set of sheets for each bed.....a carry over from having all the dk's at home. But for my bed right now I only have one. I'm going to redecorate that room before too long and I'm sure I'll have another one then. I don't rotate in the other rooms but in our room I do rotate between a quilt and comforter for our bed. I just got new pillows for the first time in a long time, but I still sleep on my old one. :toothy:

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We get a new comforter set and sheets every year around Christmas. Pillows...well I have to have new pillows often. I have "issues" ;) with pillows. I figure some women spend a lot on crafts, clothing, cosmetics, salons, shoes, purses etc. but for me it's things like pillows, sponges, and washcloths.
I gotta have my pillows and have always had a thing for nice bedding.

It's really my only vice other than this site.
I'm worth it. :toothy:

·
27,948 Posts
smnoel said:
. I have "issues" ;) with pillows. I figure some women spend a lot on crafts, clothing, cosmetics, salons, shoes, purses etc. but for me it's things like pillows, sponges, and washcloths.
I gotta have my pillows and have always had a thing for nice bedding.

It's really my only vice other than this site.
I'm worth it. :toothy:
"Issues"... now I'm intrigued...how many, how often?;)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:blush:

·
27,948 Posts
OK, I won't press...;) Michelle started it!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
:lalala:

·
27,948 Posts
Michelle said:
That is SO perfect! Thanks for my laugh of the evening!!!

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
you ladies are nuts lol

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
:laugh:

I go in spurts, sometimes I buy, buy, buy and then I don't buy anything for loooong periods of time. Right now I probably have 10 sets of sheets, 4 comforters, 1 bedspread and 8 pillows. There is only dh and myself! Oh and I have at least 2 sets of sheets and a quilt for the spare bed. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts