Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a family? As a couple? Alone?

We do things outside of home on weekends. (family) Sometimes during the week too.
Couple time we haven't seen in a long time. We caught a movie in April when his parents came to help us move.
Alone, I rarely do things. I go to the library or to the store. (randomly whenever I just decide to do it) I've gone to the movies alone many times. I like to do things alone, but the baby is still young so I tend to stay home more now.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
We go out a lot more now that we don't have any kids at home.
Usually we eat out every Sat. nite. I go to the stores, do the shopping, etc.... at different times alone. I also make trips to the city by myself a lot. I also run the errands around town and help dh with his errands for his work as well, almost daily. We don't have a movie house here so I don't go to the movies alone.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
SO and I basically never do couple things alone. We tend to either do family things with DD or it's just me and DD doing things without SO. He would be a hermit if we would let him. LOL I go out and do things on my lunch hour alone, but its the usual errands, etc. I will eat out alone for lunch some but never in the evenings. I remember the days that I did pretty much everything alone and I like it this new way better. Since I work outside the home, I kinda feel like my off hours should be spent with those that I love.:)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Never. We havne't been out as a couple in at least a year and a half. Dh goes out with his friends. I have none here, so I stay home with the kids. Every now and then dh watches the kids on Sundays and I get out on my own and do grocery shopping or something.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Couple time - we haven't in years. No one here to babysit our kids.

As a family, seldom either. We do take long rides though to see the country.

Me time - I try to get out at least once a week, even if its just to get groceries. Because dh works such long hours, I need time to just be by myself. Dh is wonderful at watching the kids and allowing me some "me" time.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
CJ, You sound like me. That is my favorite thing to do--get out and ride. We do that about once a month. We also go out to eat as a couple if both of the kids are gone. That works out to about every 6 weeks. My dh travels alot with his job, day trips mostly, so usually he doesn't want to do alot most of the time but we do spend a lot of time together and that is what it is all about.
Jeanna

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Since we've had DD in Dec, we haven't been out just the 2 of us. One main reason, is that DH has some issues with the babysitter's brother. I think the last time we spent time alone together was back in October.

With that being said, we do most things as a family. And if DS had his way, he'd sleep between the 2 of us if we let him.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Now that the boys are older, I rarely go out with Pierre...3 times a year...and less...Francois is almost 15, but leaving them all alone for an hour or two is dangerous.:eek: They could end up fighting together(the older three and leaving Patrick to cry...) and I can't just call a 16 yr. old babysitter...lol

I do go out alone, sometimes, but less and less...I miss having *me time*....something I plan to work on this autumn...when the kids are all in school! :D

We also don't go out much as a family. It's hard to please everyone, having a 15 yr. old and 5 yr. old...My oldest son doesn't want to follow all the time...

I miss going with my dh, though, very much....:(

·
Registered
948 Posts
As a couple - rarely since Isaac was born. I think we've been out a total of 4 times since January, and two of those were with a bunch of other people.

As a family - we don't go on many planned outings. Usually to a local drive-in for dinner or shopping.

Alone - never... every once in a while I get some time away to spend with my sister or a girlfriend, but otherwise I always have a little boy in tow... I take that back, he didn't go to my dr. appt. with me!:D

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
As a couple, we haven't been out alone since Maria came home in mid-April. We ate out every night near the hospital for two weeks while she was there... does that count? ;)

Tuesday nights are our "weekends", meaning that Wednesday is the day we're both off of work. We usually bring home fast food and rent a movie on pay per view, or occasionally go out to eat at somewhere like Applebee's.

Alone? Nope, haven't done anything other than go to work or occasionally run errands since Maria was born. Anywhere I go, she goes... and I like it that way.

I know that I/we need some time alone sometimes, but really, after all the trouble we had with my pregnancy and Maria's early arrival, I'm so thankful to have her here, and healthy, that I really don't mind having her with me all the time. I'm sure soon enough I'll be ready to have someone else watch her for a while, but right now, I'd rather have her with me.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I very rarely go out of my house at all unless I REALLY have to.

Sometimes I might go to a car boot at the weekends but even that is wearing off now I'm trying to de-clutter.

Family time out of the house will be when we go camping once or twice a year. My kids go out at weekends with Charlies Dad.

And couple time is unheard of for a longggggg time.

Me time is indoors after everybody else is in bed, I LOVE that time but it doesn't do much for your relationship!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
We always have some sort of family obligation to go to, weddings, showers, bday parties, etc., so we're gone every weekend doing stuff like that.

As for alone time, we probably get out by ourselves once a month or so.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
We only go out as a family if I'm doing a mystery shop- anything we don't have to pay for, you know.

Occasionally we'll go to a movie or something, if it doesn't cost much.

Forget about going out as couple. Dh doesn't think it's worthwhile. :(

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Couple-The last time I remember going anywhere just dh and I was our Ann. back in 2001. Now if when I had Jayme counts,then he did come to the hosp alone a few times and it was just him and I lol

Family-We try to do something every weekend with the kids. Last weekend it was pizza and a movie :D

Alone-The most i get to do alone (and believe me I get very excited going somewhere alone lmao..) is when I buy groceries,go to the post office,pay bills and even then sometimes Steve and kids come.
But most days,I'd just like going to the bathroom alone :toothy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts