Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems I'm always washing even after getting rid of many of our clothes. I'm determined to cut back again in the washing department so will be going through dresser drawers once again.

How often do you wash clothes?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Everyday.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Usually just on Saturday and Sunday. I try to get it all done on Saturday, but if I need to finish on Sunday, I will. However, now that I've been on vacation for a week, I found that I kept doing this chore for a few days. I think I like having the designated days to do it. Then, when it's done, it's done until next weekend.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I just spent the last three days washing clothes and just got caught up again. *the children threw clean in with dirty so everything had to be rewashed.* I do it everyday, at least 2 loads. and i don't have alot of things that i wear either.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Every freakin day :( :mad:

especially in the wintertime. all these sweatshirts and sweaters and jeans.

at least in the summer the kids wear alot less clothes and run around barefoot all the time

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
everyday!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Every day :( I hate, hate, hate laundry....I hate putting it away most of all!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Everyday!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I do ours every other day.
Mostly this is because dh does not have many clothes. I get hand me downs from the boys but he has to go to a special store which is very high ($50 is the lowest we can find his jeans for!)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
TooSweet said:
Every freakin day :( :mad:

especially in the wintertime. all these sweatshirts and sweaters and jeans.

at least in the summer the kids wear alot less clothes and run around barefoot all the time
Yep, me too !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
About three loads twice a week. If I don't have time to do the bedding with the other loads then I'll take an extra day to get those done. There's only the three of us so it's not too bad. Winter is always worse though because the clothes are heavier.

·
27,948 Posts
I probably do 4 loads a week. It's nice that dd does her own now.:)

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Kindred, you sound like my mom! She says that the wonder of the washing machine has always made her giddy, so anytime there is anything in the hamper she runs in to her laundry room and washes it (sometimes alone!:eek: ) just to do it! Not me! I do laundry about 2 days a week, now that dh and I are the only ones here most of the time. Gosh during the Christmas break, when all 3 grown dk's were home we were washing 2-3 loads per day again. That's what it was like when they were at home. I lurve not having to do so much anymore!:D

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I do laundry everyday or every other day.

·
362 Posts
Every Saturday. (usually).

I would rather have a washer/dryer set in my apartment so I could just do on a as needed basis, instead of feeling like I waste a whole day on one chore.

It would be wonderful to do a load a night again...*dreams on*...

·
Registered
403 Posts
I do laundry once a week, I do not have a washer or dryer in my apartment so I go to the laundry, I love to do it his way, it takes me two hours once a week and then I am done. I put the clothes away immediately and don't bother with them again.

Nealy

1 - 20 of 59 Posts