Frugal Village Forums banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I would say about two loads a day. With three kids there is always something to wash, clothes, coats, towels etc... DH is away all week so his gets done on weekends.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I do a load of clothes a day. Some times I can do clothes every other day, just depends on how many different outfits get worn in 1 day.:paw:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i dont understand why every one washes clothing so often..my mom only washed 1day a week but then again we were all doing our oun laundry by the time we were 11 or 12..

even now i only wash every week or even two.i have a lot of clothing but also a basement to store dirty clothing..

·
Registered
158 Posts
I do a load of whites once a week and colors once a week.I have decided if they are not in the hamper they will not get washed.I got tired of finding dirty clothes on the floor or other places after I had finished the load.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Coffee I wish I only had 2 loads a week. That'd be heaven. ;)I usually do 2 loads every other day. Sometimes I'll push it longer though. I use to do laundry once a week but then there was always a horrendous amount to do. By keeping on top of it now it's much easier for me. :)

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I usually wash 3 days a week, I have to wash my work clothes seperate from everything else because of the fiberglass.

·
FV Buddy aka KathiBob
1,651 Posts
I usually wash for DH and I every other day. Now, when the four granddaughters are here, I am doing a couple of loads a day.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I have to wash daily! :(

With a family of five there seems to be an endless amout of dirty laundry. I don't know where half of it comes from.:(

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
Everyday! There's only four us at home, now, that my two oldest kids left home and married. It used to be four loads a day. I dislike laundry, but it's gotta be done. I have a load of clothes washing, right now. I try to do a load first thing every morning.

·
19,119 Posts
2-3 times a week. Depending on whose living with us at the time.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
OH! I feel for you people with families at home.

With just me...well, and my two dogs...I wash...sometimes once a week....usually two loads. Sometimes three depending on what colors I have worn....wash whites, light colored, and dark colored. In summer I have more whites as I garden in white t-shirts and don't want them in with my sheets/towels. Then again this can vary depending on what the dogs have gotten into....they are kenneled at night so if I get the 'present' of a pukey blanket well then it becomes just like having kids...thus more wash to do..UGH!

I am on a real washing 'kick' now as I am doing rugs and blankets. Sort of my 'spring cleaning' thing.....I can just hear the "ka-ching ka-ching ka-ching" of the power meter going. I could choke when I get my next utility bill!

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
A load a day, although lately it's been 3 or 4 as I was way behind. 3 loads a week less then a year ago when I had 2 in cloth diapers. Expecting the amount to decrease significantly again now that my oldest isn't here, as about 50% of it was hers. Hard to tell yet, as I only got through the pile she left behind yesterday.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I usually wash twice a week to spread it out from having to do it all on the weekend. It's just me so I don't go through a ton of loads a week.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I do one load per day. If I miss a day then I have two loads the following day. I do this so I don't get behind and I hang them on the line. :)

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I empty the hampers on Wednesdays & Sundays. Wednesday's usually takes me two days to get it all done (3-4 loads). Sunday's I can get done in one day (1-3 loads). Whenever I have a free day is when I do the bedding and that's a hella lotta laundry with 1 queen bed, 2 full beds, and 2 twin beds :eek:

For some reason, I get the laundry done quicker when I'm able to hang it out to dry. Probably because I don't have to wait on the dryer, my lines can hold 2-3 loads at a time.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I do laundry too much!! LOL...At least one load a day..But I have a small portable washing machine, that doesn't fit that much clothing in it...so one normal load for most people is 3-4 loads for my little washing machine!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts